• Register Today It's free!

T/T and AAL's

Klugh

Reaction score
City, State
Chanute, Kansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Limited
This has probably been covered already, so I apologize in advance.
Now here we go . . . I'm finally getting around to doing a little bit of modification to my X by doing the torsion twist and the add-a-leafs. Now this *should* gain between 1.5 and 2" inches, if I'm thinking correctly.

My big question is, what would it take to go ahead and move the springs over the axle at this point?

And secondly, since the spring code on my door sticker is "B F" does that mean I have the "B"-rated torsion bars?

Help is appreciated.

Klugh

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

BF, thats weird ive never heard of that, i just check the tag thats on the bars and it should say the spring rate letter and then either a L or R. I dont think your are gonna want to do SOA because it will give you about 5" of lift and a horrible rake having the front only lifted 1.5 to 2"

to move the springs over the axle you could either find a write up on here that people have made by using scrap parts, but you still will have to drop quite a bit of $$$ to lift the front to level it out (about 5-6 inches)

Hey Klugh

i have the same "BF" spring code on my 2000. yes the torsion bars are "B" stiffness, the stiffest. i just did a TT and Shackles last night if you have any questions about the procedure

Alright, thanks for the input everyone. I figured it would lift the rear to much, just wanted to verify.

And by "B F" it does mean that I have B-rated torsion bars, and then the F means that I have the leaf-springs instead of the mono-leaf or whatever.

Alright everyone . . . Maybe me and my friend are just retarded, but how hard is it to move the torsion bolts? We stripped out a couple of sockets trying it . . . Do we need something special?

And how exactly do I do the AAL's? Tonight was not a successful attempt, don't know when we'll get to try again, but I'd like to be prepared.

spray it with liquid wrench or some type of rust penetrate and let it sit for a while, i did that and used a breaker bar and got mine moving

yeah do what he said because i think they might have loctite on them, i know mine had blue loctite on it. for add a leafs take the springs off, unbolt them and add the leaf, then put back together

sorry to intrude but i am about to do a tt and put on somw rear warrior shakcles(war153) and wasn't planning on gettina wheel alignment until christmass. now i'm getitin some new tires for christmas so it's not a big deal fo rthe front tires to wear down a little but will they hold up long enough so that i can wait until christmass before i get them aligned

i just ordered a pair of war153 rear shackles they say that they are 1.25 inches does this mean that they will lift the rear 1.25 inches or what?

yea, i got a little more than 1.25'' out of the back, i donno why. they only lift the rear, need tt up front, that'll get ya 1.5-2''

Back