tt/aal/shackles | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

tt/aal/shackles

k4melot

Reaction score
About how much rear lift would an AAL and Warrior Shackles give? I understand that to even out the front with the rear, you twist the adjusters on the torsion bars. But, I also read that any more than 2" using this method is not safe. So how must the front be raised with warrior shacks with an add-a-leaf kit?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

One of us is confused (most likely me). To get about 1.5" or so of lift you can twist the bars and in the rear add either shackles or an aal. If your really really sagging in the rear i guess you could do both. Forgot to ask if you had 2 or 4wd.

So what is the proper way to even the front and back out if above 2 inches?

Suspension lift will not affect the way a brush/grille guard fits/looks will it?

No, since it's attached to the frame, it will go with it. A body lift on the other hand will move the body and not the brush guard. They do make brackets to move the bumper up so the brush guard would move with that.

Alright I will search for said brackets. I am planning a 3" body lift and shackles/tt. 1997 Ex

Ok found it. Now with a 3" body lift will I encounter any electrical wiring that is too short and may be damaged?

Back