Taking delivery soon...? Read here. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Taking delivery soon...? Read here.

Loganfilm

Reaction score
City, State
Santa Monica, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 Limited 4WD
I know you can't wait for your new car. You ordered it as much as several months ago. You ordered it exactly like you want it. The perfect color. The perfect price point. Yum.

Well.. When it arrives, test it. Get in and take the sales person for a BIG drive. Really try out the MFT and Nav system. Give it a serious run through. Try EVERYTHING. Really wring it out. I mean go nuts with it. Annoy the hell out of the sales person if you have to.

If it does not work as it should, know that it won't. Do NOT take delivery. Refuse it.

There are happy owners that have working vehicles. Please make sure you are going to be one of them.

I would not wish my experience on anyone. There are a lot of us going through hell with this new car.

Please don't join the ranks of the disenchanted. Be careful. Get a good one before signing the sales paperwork.

If you do get a good one, then feel lucky and enjoy it. A properly working 2011 Ford Explorer could be wonderful.

Great Advice

Always good to repost this type of information. Sometimes we are so excited when our goodies arrive we forget to use some common sense.

I know you can't wait for your new car. You ordered it as much as several months ago. You ordered it exactly like you want it. The perfect color. The perfect price point. Yum.

Well.. When it arrives, test it. Get in and take the sales person for a BIG drive. Really try out the MFT and Nav system. Give it a serious run through. Try EVERYTHING. Really wring it out. I mean go nuts with it. Annoy the hell out of the sales person if you have to.

If it does not work as it should, know that it won't. Do NOT take delivery. Refuse it.

There are happy owners that have working vehicles. Please make sure you are going to be one of them.

I would not wish my experience on anyone. There are a lot of us going through hell with this new car.

Please don't join the ranks of the disenchanted. Be careful. Get a good one before signing the sales paperwork.

If you do get a good one, then feel lucky and enjoy it. A properly working 2011 Ford Explorer could be wonderful.
Loganfilm,

Sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your vehicle and I thank you for sharing you experiences with both the issues and the dealer service/support. We ordered a 2012 Lmt and it is scary knowing that the problems you have are "real" on a $50K vehicle. I would be interested in hearing if you or others have any specific scenarios that we should try with the MFT/Nav/Radio, etc when our vehicle arrives at the dealership. Otherwise, we'll just try things at random.

Thanks for all the info you have provided!

Back