• Register Today It's free!

Taking it to the Next Level

shutteractions

Reaction score
City, State
California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited
I am so tired of this MFT sync system that does not work, and has not worked from day 1. I bought this 2013 Ford Explorer on July 23, 2012 and have regretted it ever since. I have been in the dealership no less than 6 times to get this repaired. This included putting in a brand new system and screen. Then I was told to wait until Sept. for the new update and all my problems would be solved. It is worse now than before. The entire system will shut off while I am driving!! Now I'm told by Ford to wait until Thanksgiving, that they are going to have an entire NEW System. Well that does me no good because I am driving across country in a few week and would like to have a system that WORKS!!

I will be taking this issue to the next level. I am tired of all the excuses and run around. I was sold a system that they knew did not work.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry you are having so much trouble with yours. I have had my 13 EX Lmtd since 7/18 and have not had any issues.

I am not sure I believe there will be a major update by Thanksgiving, but here is to hoping.

Now I'm told by Ford to wait until Thanksgiving, that they are going to have an entire NEW System.

Not sure that this will happen, that's a month away....

On another note, I sued Ford over the MFT issues, they have since made me happy. Your mileage may vary ;) Good luck in whatever you end up doing though.

Get rid of it while you can...I had an '11 ex limited, and all these promises Ford is making is just to get you beyond the lemon law period so they are legally safe.

Let's review what has happened so far since '11:

1. Barely functional system released in '10 received an update in 2012 that provided some, but not all bug fixes
2. Upgrade in 2012 introduced MORE bugs
3. Applink, web browser, and other advertised features are still no where to be found and most likely never released.
4. Dealers have no clue what's going on, how to support this system, how to make anything but empty promises.

Now as a marketer myself, if you make claims that a product has features it doesn't , that's grounds for both legal and moral problems. Get rid of the truck and exit the Ford brand. I was a huge proponent of the new Explorer, and the MFT experience ruined it for me. I will never own another Ford. I since moved to BMW (X3 M-sport) with iDrive and it absolutely blows away MFT. I've got working nav, awesome voice, apps galore, you name it. They pamper me when I walk in the door to the dealer. If they can't fix the problem, they provide me a rental (often a slick 335i) until they can.

2011 Ex with 31,000 miles bought in April of 2011. One freeze, one reboot throughout the whole time I've had it.

Good luck with the next step.

Back