• Register Today It's free!

Tanny fluid from vacuum tree ?

nazcar

Reaction score
City, State
Topeka, Kansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 Explorer Eddie Baurer
The wife just started the truck and I heard it back feed through the vacuum tree . I notice as 3 hose's had blown off , one of them had tranny fluid coming out of it. Why might this be? Is the Transmission Vacuum Modulator going out or is it plugged into a wrong port?

vacuum.gif

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you're exactly right, the diaphragm is broke and allowing tranny fluid to be sucked up into the motor. It happens now and again.

+ 1 on the vac mod. not too hard to replace though.

I had this happen on my '94 Explorer. It would suck transmission fluid into the engine and burn it when a made a hard left hand turn! I don't know how long it did this before I noticed the smoke out of the tailpipe. It was fixed and ran fine afterwards.

I had this happen on my '94 Explorer. It would suck transmission fluid into the engine and burn it when a made a hard left hand turn! I don't know how long it did this before I noticed the smoke out of the tailpipe. It was fixed and ran fine afterwards.

You replaced the Transmission Vacuum Modulator or changed ports?

You replaced the Transmission Vacuum Modulator or changed ports?

It was the modulator. A transmission shop replaced it. It was an inexpensive repair and I probably would have done it myself had I been a member of this site at the time.

Ok, changed the modular, I was better off with the old one, anyone have any idea why it does not shift right now ?

Did you lose the pin that goes inside the modulator? There is a little pin that your new modulator won't come with that you take out of the old one. Without that pin, it won't work.

Actually, after reading, I did NOT even notice the pin when I took out the old one, after realizing the truck would not shift right, I read up on this site, went out, toor the floor apart and looked over the tranny, found the pin, installed it, but that did not fix it. I am stumped. Do I need to un-hook the battery and reset the PC and then run the truck 60 seconds without the hose hooked up and then hook it up and see what it does?

No, it should work now as long as you are getting good vacuum and your tranny is full of fluid.

It does not shift into any gears?

And all your vacuum hoses are attached?

even with the old one back in, it still wont shift. This frigging piss's me off. bout to just go scrap the darn thing

when installing the pin, do you install it into the tranny or the modulator before pluging the modulator?

yes, install it into the modulator

Sorry, I had misread your post the first time, I thought if you were asking if it needed to be installed into the modulator first.

Back