TeeJays 2002 XLT 4x4 Exploder | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

TeeJays 2002 XLT 4x4 Exploder

Well me and the 2005 had a good run but it was time to move on to the next thing, and the next thing is a 2002 xlt 4x4. She has has 130,000 on the clock.

As she sits today..
415482d1.jpg

What I started with..

a15b49d8.jpg

2d4c7a9e.jpg

8db64910.jpg

There she is, the running boards have been removed and the trim is going to be painted this week, more pics and progress reports to come!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Got the running boards off and now im in the process of painting the trim...

c29bb74f.jpg

f243ce69.jpg

d6c66d9a.jpg

fd9d383b.jpg

464e59c2.jpg

Looks like a new EX!

nice x

I really liked the red explorer, but the new explorer is sharp, I love black. Now, lift it!

Lol I've gotta take care of some maintenance issues and other things before the lift. In no particular order I want wheels, roof rack, tail light guards, brush guard. Then a lift lol. I'll probably end up giving in and getting a lift before a lot of those.

BWM Complete

Getting some of that wiring done

3fa7a4e0.jpg

Dont have a drill? Tap into that redneck ingenuity!

This actually came out very clean.

9d42f0e4.jpg

The completed product:

07c808e6.jpg

Very nice!
Taking suggestions for further mods??? (Ditch the rack if you seldom use it, and get a nicer switch for your BWM...Bulgin vandal switches are cool, I used one on my Ammo Box IED, they are 12V, latching, LED, heaps of color options.... or maybe a military style switch cover). Good switch selection here, although a bit pricey.

Very nice!
Taking suggestions for further mods??? (Ditch the rack if you seldom use it, and get a nicer switch for your BWM...Bulgin vandal switches are cool, I used one on my Ammo Box IED, they are 12V, latching, LED, heaps of color options.... or maybe a military style switch cover). Good switch selection here, although a bit pricey.

Like so?..

caf26ac7.jpg

Took the rack off today to paint it, it'll prolly stay off for alittle while. As far as the switch goes idk what im gonna do with it.

But yes im ALWAYS open to suggestions, as most of my ideas come from someone elses Ex anyways :D

Yeah! That was going to be my other suggestion (paint it). Looking so sweet!

Also, love the smoke job on your tails. Not too dark, good effect. :)

*Edit - Now paint that grille ;)

Appreciate it!

I was actually thinking about painting the grill and and switching out my blacked out headlights and corners with stock and clear corners like yours.

Oh the agony...

Well sunday about 5 o'clock I started the teardown to replace my harmonic balancer.. The way this radiator and what not is set up makes it soooo hard to get to but anyways I made it to getting everything out and will resume work tomorrow. Hopefully I can finish it up.

Btw does anybody have tips for getting the balancer off, I bought a puller kit but the bolts arent long enough. Maybe im doing something wrong but Im going to get longer bolts tomorrow. Any advice tips/tricks appreciated!!

beb8be1b.jpg

45f3b0ce.jpg

e3cf47d1.jpg

Sold the explorer a couple days ago. Im probably going to stick around though, I really enjoy this forum. If anyone else has a jeep you can catch me on their forums too!

If I get another one itll be a second gen. But for right now itll just be a jeep lol

Back