Tex Gets A New Toy!!!!

Texplorer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Morgantown, WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 XLT 4x4 4.0
I saved up a little and decided to buy myself something nice for the first time in my life.

BEFORE from 20":
DSC01211.jpg

AFTER to 50":
DSC01213.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it.

haha, looks good man, ive got a couple friends with panasonics. what are the specs on it?

...:scratch:...I wish I had a Forest Gump...:D

Im not to tech savy on the in-depth stats but its a:

50" Panasonic Viera Plasma
600hz
720p

I went in thinkin I wanted nothing less than 1080p but after talking to the sales guys at both places and looking at tons of TV's I noticed not that much of a dif between the two. Especially since Im not running blu ray and apparently thats the only thing running true 1080p.

Nice!

I think I hear the TV stand crying. LOL

Nice!

Hahaha thats what I thought, but this TV is actually a hell of a lot lighter than the 36" I sold last week. But my dad did say he would make me a nicer, stronger stand for the TV.

An older 36" TV is what I have right now. It's a heavy SOB. When I first got it, it sat on a flimsy stand made out of 1/2" MDF or whatever that cheap crap is. It would sway side to side if you touched it. I thought for sure it was going to collapse one day. We got a full size entertainment center before anything happened.

I want a new flatscreen, but this old thing is still working great. Plus I'll have to modify the cabinet to fit anything bigger.

looks nice

Excellent choice on a Panasonic!!! :thumbsup:

I've had mine for 2 years now and hasn't let me down yet... Mine too is a 720p but it is only a 37" so the 1080p would have been a waste at that size and at the time 1080p was about 4x the cost that they are now...

I've got the PS3 for the Blu-ray player and it is still an awesome picture on my tv but after seeing a brand new 1080p $3500 tv, running a Blu-ray movie at best buy it made my jaw drop and make my tv look like ass... :(

Yeah thats what I heard, I guess the good thing for me is that I dont watch to many movies, just TV. I cant wait till my neighbor brings over rock band though!!!
Ill be calling the cable company today to get my box switched to HD.

So Ive had this thing for about a week now and its awesome. The NCAA tourny has been fun to watch, rockband is a lot easier to play when we are drunk cause its easier to see but the best show BY FAR to watch in HD so far has been Planet Earth.

Nice!

Yeah, it loks way too small for that TV.

Nice set. Still gotta get me a flat panel. I am still watching a GE 32" square tube TV. :thumbdwn:

When I look at the pic it does look like the stand is bending, but its actually not. The TV isnt all that much heavier than the little tube one that came off of it.

Back