• Register Today It's free!

The 392AWHP and 426AWTQ Couch!

Livernois

Reaction score
City, State
Dearborn Heights, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Sport
Think that it is a joke? No, it is not a late April fools joke! A little bit of Livernois Motorsports magic makes it all happen.

gallery-1428676775-mg-2770.jpg

Read all about it in the latest edition of Road&Track!
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/news/a25497/this-is-what-a-550-hp-taurus-looks-like/

We can't promise you your own 15 pages of fame, but we can promise you your own flying couch killer!

Click or call us anytime!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You'd think if a major magazine was doing an article on your car you'd at least power wash under the hood.

You'd think if a major magazine was doing an article on your car you'd at least power wash under the hood.

Word:usa:

I'm not sure what math they are using to get from 392 AWHP to 550 crank HP. Impressive none the less, but those are some pretty wild calculations.

Yeah I agree. 550 is a crazy over estimation. With 20% drivetrain loss we are looking at 470/510 crank. Still very good power, but this car really isnt all that crazy. My explorer with just a tune and catted downpipes did 420awtq. No meth or alcohol, stock cat back and intake.

30% drivetrain loss is nuts... Are these vehicles that inefficient?

Those numbers are actually pretty close for an AWD vehicle. They probably also corrected for atmospherics, either way I bet its one hell of a fun ride!

Back