The best brand of windshield wipers???? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The best brand of windshield wipers????

Let me preface this by saying I'm EXTREMELY picky about my wiper blades. I HATE blades that don't wipe clean every time. Back in the day, I used to replace them at least every 6 months, and usually more often because they were worn out and had taken a 'park set'.

That being said, I haven't changed my wiper blades on either truck in 10 years. I spent the extra money and bought SilBlades (www.silblade.com, also available through JC Whitney). I've NEVER had a better wiper blade in my life. In the wintertime, about every third or fourth fill-up I wipe down the edge, and in the summertime, I forget about 'em. When I bought mine, they came with a 10 year guarantee that I thought for sure I would have to put to good use... I was wrong.

As far as I'm concerned, there is nothing better out on the market.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Let me preface this by saying I'm EXTREMELY picky about my wiper blades. I HATE blades that don't wipe clean every time. Back in the day, I used to replace them at least every 6 months, and usually more often because they were worn out and had taken a 'park set'.

That being said, I haven't changed my wiper blades on either truck in 10 years. I spent the extra money and bought SilBlades (www.silblade.com, also available through JC Whitney). I've NEVER had a better wiper blade in my life. In the wintertime, about every third or fourth fill-up I wipe down the edge, and in the summertime, I forget about 'em. When I bought mine, they came with a 10 year guarantee that I thought for sure I would have to put to good use... I was wrong.

As far as I'm concerned, there is nothing better out on the market.

Which ones do you use?

Which ones do you use?

I'm curious about this too because I see they have 3 different kinds: Silblade, Flexblade, and Ultra Silblade.....

When I purchased mine, they made nothing but the SilBlades and 'Premium' Silblades (same as the standard ones, but painted different colors with different colored wiping edges, but the same material). If the newer style FlexBlades are half as good as their original Silblades, I'd certainly recommend them too. I would expect they would be a little more resistant to ice accumulating on them if you live in the snow belt, but they would work fine. I couldn't have been happier with my regular silblades though.

Also, when I bought mine, they made no mention of leaving any film behind. That may be a new feature on the current ones... It's been a long time since I looked for wiper blades, so I'm not sure what else is out there and what their current models are like. I've always run Rain-X washer solvent in my vehicles, so that may help with the effectiveness of the blades as well, in a similar way that their additives may. All I know is these are, by far, the best blades I've ever put on a car or truck.

Oh, and the frames on mine have started rusting... They're no longer as pretty as they used to be, but they still function as good as the day I put them on. I've been tempted to buy a new set, and throw the old ones in a box to send them back with a 'thank you' note just to see what they have to say.

Ok you wonderful guys out there !! I received my new Bosch wipers today. Now all I have to do is figure out how to get them on since it is supposed to be raining the next three days here and I have a lot of errands to run.

I will figure it out....I hope !!!

Will let you know !!!
Linda

Back