Side View Mirror - What is the best brand? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Side View Mirror - What is the best brand?

Orleans

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ford Explore Limited
Side view mirror Dorman, has good quality?
Someone uses or have used?
You Indicate any other brand?
I know que the originals are the best, but prices are high.
I appreciate any help.

1997 Ford Explorer XLT

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have always had good luck with the TYC brand from rockauto.

Thanks for helping me.
Exactly. I'm in doubt between the TYC and Dorman.
Some people commented that these non-original constumam mirrors vibrate. Is it true?

Original from a junk yard.

Pretty much anything by Dorman is a last resort. Salvage yard or even eBay OE would be my first choice.

I couldn't even pick one up in the junkyard and mail it for the low prices of used OEM units on eBay...

Thank you all.
I will start my search on ebay And Then the junk yard
Regrettable that no manufacturer can develop a product how the original.

http://www.1aauto.com/search?q=mirror+pair&year=1997&model=225

I picked up a set from them for my '99 Mounty a while back, no issues. Make sure you pick the correct options Manual vs Power, Puddle Lights, Heated, etc. before you order.

1AAuto is one of our vendors, I think I got a discount when I mentioned this forum when I ordered. I could be wrong, age is not on my side . . .

Good Luck,

Bought one off eBay years ago, couldn't find an OE one online or ones that said they were just as good had the same vibration issues as my eBay one. Vibrates like a ****. Junkyards were useless as the trucks there were rolled or smashed the f' up so either didn't have side mirrors or they were smashed hanging by wires.

Thanks for helping me.
Exactly. I'm in doubt between the TYC and Dorman.
Some people commented that these non-original constumam mirrors vibrate. Is it true?

As far as off brand vibrating, like mentioned I always had good luck with TYC and not just on one vehicle. For the price they are a great option from what I have seen and I honestly could not tell a discernible difference from oem to the tyc if you didn't know beforehand.

Not that I would pass up a clean used one if the price was right but lets be honest, these vehicles are getting up to 20 years old now so it isn't like that is a common option for most people to rely on. It seems like a "select few people" on here always have "tons of opinions" on things. 2 sets of mirrors on 95-01 explorers, 3 sets on 06+ rangers, and one set on a 98 silverado have all been great experiences with the TYC brand from rockauto. I can even honestly tell you that I am going to order them again for the 97 and 00 listed in my sig as we speak.

Good luck with whatever route you choose.

After you describe your experience I'll buy the TYC. Any problem I use the warranty.
What can I complain about a used?

Thanks for the great help :thumbsup:

After you describe your experience I'll buy the TYC. Any problem I use the warranty.
What can I complain about a used?

Thanks for the great help :thumbsup:

Don't thank me yet haha. My luck, after I said all that you will end up not liking them or have a problem with them :D

But sincerely they have always been just as good as oem for me especially for the price and that's the God's honest truth.

Good luck.

Back