The end of the SportTrac- Again? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The end of the SportTrac- Again?

I agree in 08 Ford only produced 6000 adrenalin's I have an 03 cobra and they produce at least double that number.

Where did you hear the production numbers on 08 adrenalins? that's the first I've heard of it.

Here's the 03 cobra production by color, for your cobra.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I believe it was on this site I can't remember the thread.

Here is the problem with the ST selling, it's their pricing. The new raptor with a 6.2L engine is around 41,000 msrp. My 08 adrenalin loaded mind you sticker price of 40,600 what would you buy. There is no way I would pay 40,000 for my adrenalin don't get me wrong I love the truck for the 30,500 I paid. I think the price for these were just to high when you could buy a full size f-150.
Very true. I went to the Fordvehicles.com website this morning after reading your comment. Couldn't "Build / Price" an Adrenalin model, but the base price of a 2010 Sport Trac 4x4 with v8 was about the same as the base price of a 2010 F-150 Raptor. I'd choose the Raptor!

Here is the problem with the ST selling, it's their pricing. The new raptor with a 6.2L engine is around 41,000 msrp. My 08 adrenalin loaded mind you sticker price of 40,600 what would you buy. There is no way I would pay 40,000 for my adrenalin don't get me wrong I love the truck for the 30,500 I paid. I think the price for these were just to high when you could buy a full size f-150.

I disagree with that. Apples to apples with the same options the ST is 10K less then the F-150. The sticker on my ST was 37K, and a F-150 would be 47K with all the options that I have on the ST! It's another selling point in my opinion!

That sucks they're ending the Sport Trac. Could it be possible that they will refit the Ranger to take the Sport Trac slot and include a crew cab option for that truck?

Currently the wife is looking to replace her 01 Explorer Sport. She's looking at the Explorer, Sport Trac, and the 150. All are about the same price for what she wants, but there are way more extras on the Explorers than the 150 that she couldn't care less about.

That sucks they're ending the Sport Trac. Could it be possible that they will refit the Ranger to take the Sport Trac slot and include a crew cab option for that truck?

Currently the wife is looking to replace her 01 Explorer Sport. She's looking at the Explorer, Sport Trac, and the 150. All are about the same price for what she wants, but there are way more extras on the Explorers than the 150 that she couldn't care less about.

IMHO the Explorer SportTrac's chassis and its 4-wheel independent suspension are superior, and a big part the reason I bought my STA. Man, it's like buying 'shoes', you should buy what fits you... and fits your garage and your wallet. Hope your wife enjoys her search and is happy with her final decision... whatever it is.

That sucks they're ending the Sport Trac. Could it be possible that they will refit the Ranger to take the Sport Trac slot and include a crew cab option for that truck?,,,
Ford does have a four door Ranger, for export only. I have seen a few on the streets here in CA so they are getting out somehow.

93a437fe.jpg

Back