• Register Today It's free!

The end of the SportTrac- Again?

jonkolo

Reaction score
City, State
Allen Park, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
08 Sport Trac
A local dealer told me that the Sport Trac will be dis-continued this spring 2010. Such a great vehicle with all new technology! Ford NEVER even advertised them. I have people coming up to me all the time with compliments on my ST. They ask me what kind of vehicle it is, who makes it, etc.... Sometimes they say, "I didn't know they still make those", because they ended production of the last generation and didn't offer a 2006 model.

This is one of the coolest vehicles that Ford has ever built, and they never really tried to sell them! Amazing! Now they are canning it! Unbelievable!

Also, the new upcoming Explorer SUV will have a unitized body-and no frame. What does everyone here think about that?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Multiple thoughts- and in multiple other threads... ;)

eppd00

I have owned 91,96 and 97 Explorer XLT's(still have the 97) and 02,05 and 08 Sport Tracs(still have the 08). In my humble opinion they are some of the finest vehicles I have ever owned. Trucks should have full frames. As far as the demise of the Sport Trac again.....they are tossing an excellent model.

Yea, it's a shame. I have had a lot of compliments on my truck as well. But they just aren't selling.

2010..."Yeah, so what?"

:p:
My buddies tossed that 2010 crap in my face too.
To that I say... "Yeah, so what?"
Let me tell you somethin'...
I ain't givin' up my white Adrenalin for anything or anybody.
It is one sweet ride. I get compliments everywhere I go.
Been catchin' an awful lot of Chevy drivers stealin' peeks at the Trac !!!
IMHO, we Sport Trac owners are 'the few and the fortunate' !
:D

Maybe they should try advertising them. Remember the huge bash for the 2010 Mustang? How about something like that for their 4x4 offerings?

agreed

Ford never advertised this truck.. where can you get a mid-sized truck with a V8 and independent rear suspension with all the luxuries.. no where! People always compliment me as well..

My wife and I were at a local daler yesterday, she's looking at a GT500 :D:bounce: don't know if she'll get it but I'm hoping. Anyway the sales person we have dealt with for the past 10 or so years let me know that the Sport Trac is gone after next model year and at this time there are no plans for a unibody Trac. The Explorer will be an early 2011 release of the 2012 model year.

One of the topics that keep coming up in meetings he says is that the Sport Trac does hold it's value better than the Explorer of the same model years and that Ford believes that with the end of the Sport Trac after 2011 the values should hold even better.

We plan to trade my wife's FX35 but he was begging me to trade the STA instead because of the values they are seeing on the used Tracs.

Does this sound like a sales pitch from him... sure it does but we've known him way to long for a BS session and he's always given us a heads up on inside issues, plus I've heard similar comments from others connected to Ford.

Why Ford has not done a more aggressive job of marketing the Sport Trac is a mystery to many people including Ford employees.

It's one model- Ford has been focusing on marketing their cars more, so the advertising comes from other places. When was the last time you saw an Explorer ad- not just Sport Trac, any Explorer?

I mean- this doesn't count... :D

Screw Ford. I just went ahead and made my own 2011.

2011Concept03.jpg

Only 45 of these made. That's right. A special edition of ONLY 45. I wonder how much the commercial cost for this?

Ford never advertised this truck.. where can you get a mid-sized truck with a V8 and independent rear suspension with all the luxuries.. no where! People always compliment me as well..

Exactily my point. Trailer Boats Magazine answered a reader's question about which midsize truck to buy. They talked about all of them but they never even mentioned the ST! The best one in my opinion!

I agree. The V8 power and smoothness, and the ride provided by the 4-wheel independent suspension vs a Chevy Silverado were my main desirables, as was a sunroof. The extras of SYNC and Sirius merely sweetened the whole STA package for me! Did I mention the white-hot 'white suede' STA's are rumoured to be the fastest? :D

The magazines focus on the 'real pickups' which form the 'real market', and Consumer Reports has used the exact same wording for the Sport Trac for the past three years. It is not one bit encouraging to a prospective buyer. I suspect they have never driven one. Hard to believe those biased *******s can "lie" like that. Their opinions on the SportTrac are bogus.

Keep on Trac'n !

yeah unfortunately once gas hit $4 the suv market is now becoming extinct I never new about the trac till i was in a dealer with my gf who was picking up an f150 the 150 was too big for me but the trac has been just right and gives me alot of of flexabilty credit ford for seeing the signs alot earlier than the other guys so tough choices had to be made

I don't know, it seems kind of odd that they would be discontinued. I went to the State Fair of Texas a little over a week ago, and at the Auto Show, which is really big, there were a couple of Sport Tracs there. One looked really sporty, and these are new models, even though the body looks relatively the same.

Here is the problem with the ST selling, it's their pricing. The new raptor with a 6.2L engine is around 41,000 msrp. My 08 adrenalin loaded mind you sticker price of 40,600 what would you buy. There is no way I would pay 40,000 for my adrenalin don't get me wrong I love the truck for the 30,500 I paid. I think the price for these were just to high when you could buy a full size f-150.

We plan to trade my wife's FX35 but he was begging me to trade the STA instead because of the values they are seeing on the used Tracs.

Ironically my wife drives a FX35 and I have the STA. Funny!

Although we're losing the sport trac in future models, it suddenly makes the Adrenalin a rare model. I rarely see them on the road, so they couldn't have sold many in this economy. = High desirability. And even the standard V8 sport trac will stay a hot commodity I'm sure.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I agree in 08 Ford only produced 6000 adrenalin's I have an 03 cobra and they produce at least double that number.

Back