the ex is totalled! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

the ex is totalled!

last weekend i was launching my boat and i told my friend to pull the truck up. he got in, pushed in the clutch, and my explorer and boat rolled back into the indian river. it was completely submerged, over the roof and all. i just got done putting a new engine in it 2 months ago and it had all new brakes, a new clutch, a cd playerk, a subwoofer, my cell phone and a 75 dollar math book in it. plus i have a bunch of suspension things in my garage that i didnt even get a chance to put in it. i am pissed!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Salt water? Indian river? what am i missing?

Sorry to hear man that sucks royally.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yeah theres no way i could spray everything out. everything in the dash would rust out. the truck could turn into a lemon in a few years. im getting the money and im going to save a little more and buy a 89-95 body style toyota pickup

the indian river is brackish water and is not actually a river. it is a lagoon. its not as salty as the ocean but it is still very salty

I would have torn his ass up!!!!!! I dont let anybody drive my truck that I dont trust!!!!!

Sorry to hear that.

Did you get any pics???

well, i should have gotten pics, im sure it would have made the rear view in four wheeler magazine and made me 50 bucks in the process. plus, looking back on it now, it is kinda funny. the update is that im actually buying my friends toyota, the same friend that sank my truck. hes giving me a good deal, plus i got insurance money for the explorer. he gave me some money too to make up for the insurance deductible.

But what about your math book? What are you going to tell your teacher? "Ah teacher, my friend sank my truck which had my homework inside my mathbook."

All joking aside, sorry to hear about that. In Coeur D alene Idaho, one of the driver's ed teachers had students back down the boat ramp and try and drive out. More than one truck went in the lake. Good thing they had that passenger side brake. Or they would be swiming. Alot of rubber lost off the tires from kids trying to get up the ramp.

Good luck with your toyota.

wow guy, i feel ya, i saw a guy loose his f150 while pulling jet boat outta the water, and it was an auto tranny, he was just being stupid and pushed a little to much on the gas and in he went as the rear tires just spun.

all in all, i hope everything goes well...sorry to hear that

Kick your friend's ass. Size 12 OCC style.

Sorry to hear.

Back