THE EXPLORER IS NO MORE :( | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

THE EXPLORER IS NO MORE :(

SMASHED THE EXPLORER..PICS UP NOW

Well, driving down near the Lake Travis on Saturday with a buddy of mine, on a slick strech of road I spun out backwards, hit a ditch, a hill, and she went head over heels. I rolled it once and landed back on wheels. She's totaled and I have some stuff for sale off of it in the FS/W forum. I'll have pics up soon, it's nasty. The crappy thing is that just a couple of months ago after I got it repainted, we got rid of full coverage and I now have liabilty, so who knows if another vehicle is in the mix. It was a sad day...

be sad for me, it sucks, at least we both walked out with only a couple of scratches.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

damn, thats tough luck, lucky for you that you were able to walk away
hopefully you can get some money for parting it out,

so are you looking for another vehicle yet?

Its no good to hear of anyone in an accident. Glad to hear you're ok. Hey, make it out to look like the sway bars are at fault and do a law suit towards John V. ;)

sorry to hear the bad news. hope you can get enough money to buy another.

Originally posted by general x
Glad your ok......By the way WADDA YA GOT?

Well if you looked under his name you'd see he's got a 96 5.0 v-8 truck...

Sorry to hear it's gone, maybe buy it back, and part it out for the driveline for someone interested in a v-8 swap

What are you parting out and how much? Any pics?

Alright, I have the pics

I need someone to host my pics, I can't figure out the way to let others view my yahoo albums with out e-mail addresses.

I also have stuff for sale on the FS/T/W forum...

PICS of truck

i'm hosting these for him

533410_34_full.jpg

showthread.php

533410_35_full.jpg

533410_36_full.jpg

533410_37_full.jpg

HOLLY CRAP!! That's BAD!! Glad to hear you're ok..

see the crushed roof! that's whay I want to figure out how to put in a low profile roll bar

Yea guys, it was crazy. Everything seemed slow motion.

Originally posted by XLT_66
Yea guys, it was crazy. Everything seemed slow motion.

Why is that? I hear that alot and ive had that happen during fights before (the slow motion thing).. Kinda interesting.. I guess it's your bodys way of making it clear that you shouldn't be doing what ever it is you're doing..

When everything was happening it was like it took forever to stop moving. I kept my eyes open the whole time and just watched the ground go upside down and back again.

we should test that theory...carlos me you outside now....

You were very lucky. Always makes me feel sad to see the smashed up Explorers at the junkyard and I wonder about the folks inside during the crashes. Glad you came out okay.

Originally posted by sapogmxr
Why is that? I hear that alot and ive had that happen during fights before (the slow motion thing).. Kinda interesting.. I guess it's your bodys way of making it clear that you shouldn't be doing what ever it is you're doing..

most of that has to do with the flood of adrenalin into ur body..testosterone has something do with it to

if u do some research on how the eyes work ull understand..it is just like opening 40 programs on a computer the memory gets over loaded so things take longer..the eyes are very complex in the way they work so it takes alot of...memory???...to run smothely

i am horrible at explaining things so thats why i said research the eyes..if u want i can find the info i have an scan it or type out something that a human can understand =)

btw very glad u are ok bro that accident was bad..if theres anything i can do lemme know

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

send money...:)

Back