The greatest Idea for a skid plate ever | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The greatest Idea for a skid plate ever

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but have you actually made your skid Stic-o? or anyone else for that matter?

Justin

No, but I did buy the sheet of cuttuing board for it forever ago, just need to build the subframe for it. Someday:rolleyes:

Has anyone actually tried this stuff out yet on something bigger than ATV? I would really like to know how well this works since I am attempting to turn my Stock X into a Rock Crawler on a rather tight budget.

Just ordered a 36"x36" piece of black HDPE, I should have it on within a week or so, and I'll put pics up asap.

we have a skid plate on our rzr that is plastic, it is 3/8" thick, covers the entire underbelly it is very stout

the frame underneath it gives it all its strength, it is simply a thick skin

it slides over rocks effortlessly, it does gouge... but man is it easy to work with as long as its warm, easy to cut and its lighter and stronger then aluminum

for my bronco I plan to boatside the truck using plastic skins :)

I think 1/2" will be okay for a BII, depending on how strong the frame is behind it............

Awesome....now if I could only get the links to the companies I can buy this stuff form to work I will be straight.

Awesome....now if I could only get the links to the companies I can buy this stuff form to work I will be straight.

I don't know the names of the vendors off hand that sell this stuff but I also work with UHMW all the time. If I wasn't on disability I could get you the names of catalogs we use at work. Try searching for companies that supply to food/beverage manufacturing companies.

US Plastics sells ALL kinds of stuff.........

www.usplastic.com

and a sheet of UHMW that is 48" x 120" (2" thick) :eek: will be only $2558.94..

Still haven't seen where anyone has put it through the paces. This definitely interests me.

interested... anyone anyone anyone???? lol anyone do this??? pics?

Great idea!!

Defiantly planning on doing this give me a couple weeks or so and ill see what i can do with mine. Just planning on getting a big cutting board from bed bath and beyond and cutting to size and mounting up and see how it holds up.:thumbsup::D

years later, any updates?

Back