The Legacy Continues

1995E

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 + 11 Ex both XLT
Much like the New Yorker 16 years ago that checked out my dad's 1995 Explorer and said it was the sweetest car ever and where he could get one, the same thing happened today with this guy and two pretty ladies walking up as I get into the vehicle.

He was like, "wow buddy, you have a nice looking vehicle, what vehicle is that?" When I mentioned it was an Explorer, he was shocked. He wanted to see the interior of the vehicle so I opened the door and showed it to him and he was amazed at the look and everything. The ladies that walked by checked out the car and totally fell in love with the interior. "Damn, this interior is sexy"

So yeah, this car definitely gets the looks. I would never trade this baby in ever!

Anyone got the same experience? =P

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Much like the New Yorker 16 years ago that checked out my dad's 1995 Explorer and said it was the sweetest car ever and where he could get one, the same thing happened today with this guy and two pretty ladies walking up as I get into the vehicle.

He was like, "wow buddy, you have a nice looking vehicle, what vehicle is that?" When I mentioned it was an Explorer, he was shocked. He wanted to see the interior of the vehicle so I opened the door and showed it to him and he was amazed at the look and everything. The ladies that walked by checked out the car and totally fell in love with the interior. "Damn, this interior is sexy"

So yeah, this car definitely gets the looks. I would never trade this baby in ever!

Anyone got the same experience? =P

Yes, I have also!! When I pulled up to a local park with the temp plate still on it, two people walked over to the Ex and asked what it was. They were surprised to see it was the new EX and they also loved the interior. When I turned the key and all the screens came on they couldn't believe this was a Ford and said its a luxury feel. I love this EX, I've had issues like everyone else, but coming from an 08 Highlander, this is much much better. I prefer the "American" crossover feel over the foreign brands.

When I turned the key and all the screens came on...

You're just lucky all the screens came on!

Ah, just kidding. Sorta. Actually I had a guy come up to me outside the drug store and ask about mine. Said he really liked the color (Gold Leaf). I stared at him and shouted, "Don't touch it. Don't even look at it. Go on, get out. You heard me. Don't look at me, either. Yeah, you better walk on..."

Well, part is true anyway.

Well i get that all the time awesome feeling i have the lyd ex 302a pkg golden bronze pecan interior. I have a few isuues with the mft but want to hold on until i hear of a solid fix, i spoke to an mft tech and was told that in july the 2.11 sofware upgrade he said that that is going to be a fix all upgrade let's wait and see !!!

Anytime they claim the patch is a "fix all" it is most likely not.

Back