• Register Today It's free!

the new guy

mustangfu

Reaction score
City, State
Stafford, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport 4x4
So... Hello all! My name's Will, I live in Virginia (originally from Oklahoma), and I'm giving serious consideration to purchasing a local Explorer. Here's the ad: http://richmond.craigslist.org/cto/1922273319.html

Don't know much about Explorers, I've never even owned a truck. I have, however, owned 5 Mustangs so I'm very familiar with the blue oval way of life. Now I have a wife and a 7-month-old son to haul around, and the budget is tight these days. I immediately was drawn to Explorers because I'm a Ford guy, I need SUV-utility that's reliable and I'm familiar with, and I've always wanted to have a project Explorer for the daily grind. I'm very familiar with the 5.0, and I was thinking about getting a personal loan for ~$3,000 to purchase this one and freshening a few things up.

Tell me what ya think? Also, I'm not much into off-road action, but I do think it'll look good with a fresh coat of black paint, some stock-ish sized but nice rims, a 3-4" lift, etc...

Anyway, hi everyone and I hope to learn a lot here, as well as share my own experiences for others to benefit!

Welcome To The Forum! The truck looks nice and with it being a Limited it offers a little more value but because of it only being 2wd and having a rear end issue I would check the truck out and if you truly like it then make an offer of $1600 for it. Alot of 90's explorers are all going round the same prices as different years so you may find a truck couple years newer for the same price or possibly a little cheaper only if buying privately though.

Back