Thoughts on system...

izackary

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'06 Mazdaspeed6 GT
OK, I figured instead of telling the "electronically uneducated" about my upcoming system, I'd run it by you guys and get your thoughts:
It will be mostly all Alpine product since I have had good success even with their used gear.

What I have now (all used stuff I've picked up):
Alpine CDA-7949 CD head unit (pre-amp only) with RCA-AUX adaptor fed by a custom-wired QPDT switch for both iPod and Sirius Sportster
Eclipse 32440 85W x 4 amplifier feeding...
Boston Acoustics (i want to say) FS57 coax speakers up front and...
Polk DX7 3-way speakers in back
Memphis 16-ST1000D (300W @ 4 ohms, 600W @ 2, and 1100W @1) monoblock feeding...
JL Audio 15W3-D4 wired to 2 ohms; all assisted by
Directed Audio 1F cap, and...
Optima red-top battery.

My planned system:
Alpine IVA-W205 2Din 6.5" touchscreen DVD and dock for...
Alpine PMD-B200 "Blackbird" Portable nav w/ built-in FM-RDS Traffic, Bluetooth-equipped...
Alpine Sirius-tuner...
Alpine "full-speed" iPod cable, and...
Alpine bluetooth interface module (depending on functionality of Blackbird, or possible lack thereof)
Keep the 2 amps for later on adding...
Alpine Type-R speakers (probably coaxials in the rear, possibly components in front) and eventually replace the JL 15W3 for 3 Type-R 10" subs to get my damn midbass back!
Obviously, the battery and cap would stay.

Any thoughts? Suggestions?

I heard that Bluetooth won't run with the Sirius, and it doesn't work too well without it either.

From what I can tell, they run on separate buses. Sirius runs on the AI-net bus, and bluetooth runs on the full-speed bus with a pass thru (in my situation, for ipod). How, though, would it not run either with the sirius, or too well without it? In any case, I'm going to inquire at some point about using the bluetooth thru the docked blackbird since it by itself supports hands-free calling.

Back