• Register Today It's free!

throttle body upgrade

Xplorer9

Reaction score
City, State
Philly
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 explorer sport
I found this throttle body on ebay which is supposed to be a performance replacement for the stock one

Ford, Mazda, Explorer, Ranger, B4000, Navajo, TB 4.0L
Item number: 180037268484
It's 66 mm and is made by BBK.Has anyone had any experience with this thing at all?Is it really worth spending money at?Would it be any of a good addition to my open air intake?Any suggestions greatly appreciated :) :exp:
Ray

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just added one to my explorer and I am very pleased with it. I also added a 70mm maf. How much are they asking for it on ebay?I wouldnt pay full price for it- wasnt that helpful cause i havent noticed an increase in gas mileage

I've run the BBK on 2 Explorer's. Made a difference in throttle response & top end.
Combined with an intake, & exhaust it's all adds up to a slight increase in power.
I have a 70MM MAS as well, but I've read it doesn't do much unless you get a tuned chip to match it. I got a deal on it so I bought it.

I just added one to my explorer and I am very pleased with it. I also added a 70mm maf. How much are they asking for it on ebay?I wouldnt pay full price for it- wasnt that helpful cause i havent noticed an increase in gas mileage

They want about 200 and change,and i kind of got to watch my budget at this time,so i'm still only thinking whether or not do i really need it right now:confused: I had just put 4 brand new tires on,did an alignment and got the brakes and rotors replaced.Also,i bought 4 shocks and put them in by myself,actually just got done about a couple hours ago with the rear ones.And,looks like they're causing a problem.Do you guys think they could be making a tapping noise going over speed bumps or at the poor quality pavement?
Anyway,thanks very much guys for your replies:) Speaking of the throttle body,other than gas mileage,is the difference in throttle response very much noticeable?Barely noticeable?Hardly noticeable at all?Anywhere in between?

you can tell a slight difference

Back