Throttle body | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Throttle body

G

geoph1986

From searching and reading I think the answer to my question is "no BBK or Edelbrock is your only option", but I'll ask anyway. Does anyone know if there is a larger ford throttle body (like the 4.6L on a 4.0L SOHC) that is a direct bolt on and that came on ford vehicles that will fit the 4.0L OHV engine. I'm aware of BBK and Edelbrock, but I'm not willing to spend that kind of money for better throttle response. I've done the throttle cable mod, and MAF mod. I've also read about the throttle body mod, and may just have to do that, if a larger one isn't available for a reasonable dollar.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

do the throttle body 1/2 shaft mod. its free

I will not go as far as to say there isn't another Throttle Body that will work on the 4.0L. But we haven't found one yet.

I did a whole write-up on how to half-shaft a TB....

Ryan

Thanks guys, I actually just finished the 1/2 shaft mod last night on a spare TB I have. I plan to put it on this weekend. Just a quick question about the gasket. Can I make my own out of the paper type gasket material I use for coolant systems, or is there something special about the one for the TB? I only ask because I still have a huge roll of the stuff from when I was a rad repair guy.

I will not go as far as to say there isn't another Throttle Body that will work on the 4.0L. But we haven't found one yet.

I did a whole write-up on how to half-shaft a TB....

Ryan

where is this write up because ive done a search on just about every word and i can find it?

thanks man i could not find it for the life of me!
Posted via Mobile Device

No problem.
Does anyone know if I can make my own throttle body gasket out of the paper stuff used for thermostat gaskets? Or even cork?

i made mine out of that because i have a throttle body spacer and needed an extra gasket.it worked fine for the 1000 miles i put on it before i pulled the motor again.also i have a stock tb and lower intake that ill be selling if anyone wants it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back