Throttle Body | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

and a pic of the stock maf on the left and the 77mm mustang on the right
2ijq5bs.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't think it matter what type of air tube you have, it's still under the hood and usually when you get to about 30mph or so, enough air is moving through the grill and over the engine your getting "cold" air anyways... it's when your idling along or sitting your getting hot air.

I've often thought about moving the air intake to behind the driver side headlight, lots of room and you could route the intake almost completely down to the bumper area. It'd only suck up water if it was fully submersed and you could build a shield that prevents splashes as well. I may draw somethign upin the nexst few days, this new job is paying me enough I may finally do this or look into it at least.

alright lets try this again
k1ru6q.jpg

alright there we go it worked hahaha.

this is 3" tubing (77mm) with spectre high flow filters. Throttle body will be soon (i hope)

jd4242 - what ignition coil are you using? mine is going out and i need to replace it

Looks good,I run the accel with manacore wires

Don't forget about the Screamin Demon coil pack. Aldive runs it on his V6 and it's yielded him smoother idle and better overall performance. He also got a bit of a mileage boost because you're able to run a wider gap and burn more of the fuel all ready in the chamber.

Don't forget about the Screamin Demon coil pack. Aldive runs it on his V6 and it's yielded him smoother idle and better overall performance. He also got a bit of a mileage boost because you're able to run a wider gap and burn more of the fuel all ready in the chamber.
That is a good coil but You can run a larger one with the accel for half the price,also he has the sohc,running a larger gap in the ohv for me was no good,it causes the plug to run hotter and got spark knock.I run a smaller gap and one step colder on mine "tr6".for a stock ohv a stock gap seams to be best just with a better coil,either one

Lake stevens huh? I grew up on 113th by the high school. I'd race you but mine takes about a mile to hit 65mph.

No joke the spectre filter is great and a cheap mod.

test results for today, was forced to put my "tailpipe" back on - its a 90 degree tip to dump out the side - its a little quieter but when i step on it it doesnt seem to have the get up it did. if i ease into it its ok and throws you in your seat (and pretty well actually) any thoughts? im a not building enough back pressure with no tailpipe and having a high flow intake?

lifted - 113th huh, im up by target at frontier villeage, i flipped a coin to see what way id go with my truck, its either the fastest or one of the fastest SUV's in washington or at least snohomish everett area.

jerameya - good mod yes, cheap depends on how you look at it, id call it average

jd4242 - accel is what you reccommend? thats what i orignally looked at but everyone said MSD. i know MSD is race brand though and you gotta get a brain to go with the coil. im mean this is for "fun" but its not gonna be a race truck with the interior stripped and no ac or heater things like that. so it looks like accel is the way to go.

do you reccommend their wires to or someone else?

im mean this is for "fun" but its not gonna be a race truck

i mean also though i want to be able to perform as well, so when all those stupid ricers in hondas pull up i can still blow the doors off them.

oh side note - if anybody is looking to buy new tires and they mainly run road like i do TOYO ECLIPSE tires work extremely well, very little slip so when you wanna race those ricers you just stick and go

alot of people from washington hahah

ill race ya should be fun with my 200 pound cherry picker in the back haha

sorry to go off of the thread but the other day i raced this 87 firebird it was tricked out and what not but he had a big ass ford sticker on the back(i hate fords besides my truck of course) so we came up to a stop light i reved it he reved i put it in 4 wheel hi and dumped the clutch i stomped his ass hahaha he kept trying to cut me off but just could not get past me hahahah love it

93X - very impressive

ive been beat twice, once by a colorado (hate my auto tranny :( ) and once by an integra (which was before the intake mod so didnt have the kick behind it yet)

93X - very impressive

ive been beat twice, once by a colorado (hate my auto tranny :( ) and once by an integra (which was before the intake mod so didnt have the kick behind it yet)

i totally agree that guy must be like 80 haha and i never really go past 10 over the speed limit anyway so chill old man jenkins

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Alright... Thats enough name calling. We are all here for commradery and our love/hate relationship for our trucks. Lets try and enjoy this forum and leave the crybaby **** in grade school O.K.? That being said... I just did the half shaft mod to my stock TB and I noticed a MAJOR difference in performance. Totally worth the effort in my case. As soon as I can get my wife to let me use her camera, I will show you the pics.

Back