Ticking coming from Right Front Wheel? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ticking coming from Right Front Wheel?

Skud

Reaction score
City, State
Raleigh, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
97' XLT 5.0
I searched the site and did not come up with any matches so I will put it out to the masses. My 97' AWD has a very loud ticking sound coming from the front right wheel. I noticed the noise a while back when it was not as noticeable. Back then it seemed to make a tick on once every revolution. B/C i am a procastinator by nature it has progessively gotten worse. This morning when i first rolled out it went TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK the faster i went the faster the noise. I only live 4 miles from work and by the time I got there it settled down, but there was still a little noise. ANY IDEAS?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It does make a noise in reverse, but a little different

brake pads could be worn, bearings could need greasing, maybe a bad u-joint or at least bearings of the u-joint are starting to go. It could be several things, these are a few that have made mine go tick tick tick.

just to let you know what the problem was.

Bad driver front CV joint $295.00 - which i let go for a while and destroyed my wheel bearing. That really sucks because I had to replace the hub assembly b/c they are attached $500.00. Total bill $795.00 nice little discount final price $678.00 w/ tax.

Back