Time to pick new meats | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Time to pick new meats

OK suggestions for 33x12.50's In an MT. I dont want much road noise. This IS my daily driver. Need good on and off road grip. been thinking about the baja claws but even my price on them is 160 a pop. firestone manager is trying to get me to go for destination Mt's
suggestions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have the BFG M/T's on my Sammy, and I love 'em! Fairly quiet on the road, very good offroad. Only place they are a little skittish is in snow, but that's normal for an M/T. I've also heard that the Pro Comp M/T's are pretty good. Doug has a set of them on his X and likes 'em a lot.

Another vote for BFG MTs. I have Goodyear MT/Rs. :confused: :D

I have Mastercraft Courser MT's and love them. They aren't extremely loud (yes I do hear them) they are great offroad, and not too darn bad on. But, since they are MT's it took me a couple of scary moments to realize the "oh these don't grip too great in the rain" And on ice...well it's ice no one has great traction. I've found them to be very good in snow though. I really really like them and got all 4, mounted, balanced, valve stems, free lifetime rotation/service for alittle over 400. I haven't had any bad experiences with them at all.

Good Luck
CP :D

oh and.....300 posts ;)

i have dealer accounts all over so can get good pricing on most. the trxus looks intresting. not so sure about shipping and or if i can get that from an account

Back