time to un-explore

jays1

Reaction score
City, State
northants
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 xlt
:( Well the time has come to think about selling the ford:(

as much as i love the ex it is now time to move on so i am putting up for sale.

as some of you know this is a nice example of a 1997 4ltr auto ex

in nice shiney red with grey trim,and the chrome pack.
the paint is in great condition.
the interior is grey leather and in good condition.
thechrome wheels are still nice and shiney-i have actually looked after this car:rolleyes:
the car has and still does run very well,the oom12 kit has not been done and there is some chain noise on start up for a second or two.
gear box is great.
this car also has the multi point LPG fitted and has served me well,although as most will know under full acceleration when really going for it the gas will shut of in favour of petrol had the full sytem tuned and checked and parts replaced last year.
and the check engine (code light) does NOT come on for the fun of it in this ex she is not running lean or have any other codes,the light works but i had it sorted.
she has 2 inch wheel spacers fitted all round that make her look a lot better on the road-more aggressive.
and i have a brand new wheel bearing/hub for the front incase you ever need one.
also have a spare back one somewhere.
she has just had new front disks and pads fitted aswell.
the car is moted until JUNE-3- 2009
she is pretty low mileage aswell at 100 thousand and a couple hundred odd miles.
so if your looking for an ex that is very affordable to run daily here it is.
asking £2100.
thought i would offer her on here first to poeple who might appreciate her and know what they are buying,so she is not advertised anywhere else YET.
jay

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Why are you selling? Going to buy a newer EX? You might want to put this in the for sale forum. Sounds like you really don't want to let her go. I can understand that completely!

no not getting another1 for a while,will miss this car alot she really has been one of the best vehicles ive owned and the space and comfort are the best ever.
But as the house prices have dropped so much, we now need to think about buying our house, but the banks are asking for bigger deposits now (tight baskets) so as we have to let the truck go as she will help us secure our future we hope.

hi mate, which model is yours?

centre rear plate or near side rear plate.

mick.

hi mick,its the original type with the handle you turn left to open the glass and right for the whole door,can you believe i have not got one picture of the back with the door shut lol,and all the ford fair pics are from the side and us sitting in the back with the door open.

im thinking of selling my ex as well for the same reason and i must say i to will be very sad to see her go shes been the best car ive owned and ive owned some gems..................goodluck with the whole mortgage thing anyway

I got rid of the house, kept the Explorer and moved back in with the parents....

but I only had me to think about...

Si

yeah i remember lol,just down the road from me.

might not let her go yet as she is such a great car,and i would want proper money for her (would need that to make it worth letting it go lol),so she is staying put for the moment no rush for the mortgage and i get paid enough from work to do it the hard way and save the deposit before ime to old:(

unless any one suddenly needs a great ex that isnt dropping her box or chains lol.

After seeing what the explorers are making ive decided mines staying put they are almost giving them away now .....plus wifes insurance paid out so we can use her car money instead lol..with what she has left over she should be able to buy herself a nice ex

funny enough del (the misses)was always against driving the ex,she thought it a bit big,but after she wrote her mazda off, i made her use it, and she now really likes it so it can share going to work duties between us.

Back