Timing Chains | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Timing Chains

I agree with the above. Cost per HP would be better. What kind of power increase can one expect with a good tune?

I agree with the above. Cost per HP would be better. What kind of power increase can one expect with a good tune?

I'm just looking to try and make it to 300 crank hp...for now. As for the tune I would expect 30 to 60, just look at those 5star tunes for the 150's and such they wake up a good bit, now back to my explorer I was to get a full exaust with some headers (the factory ones look so restrictive) my efan mod along with under drive pullys, the only thing bugging me is my gas pedal... I hat that thing, some wise guy pulled up to me in a silverado so about half a mile the only 2 lanes merged together, so I went to pass him and man... it reacts so slow! Maybe 3 seconds later it down shifted to 3rd when I needed either 1st or 2nd to pass at WOT, sometimes I'll hit and it down shifts to 1st or 2nd from 3rd or 4th bit it's still slow. Now I know it's fly by wire but man my lexus rx with a cable down shifts almost instantly, I would just like some advice on how I could fix this problem with a computer update or what, again thanks so much to everyone for their help!

Back