Tinted windows | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tinted windows

i tinted my windows on my explorer last week 5% in the back and 20% up front here are some pics

Before
Explorer001-1.jpg

After
explorer001-2.jpg

explorer002.jpg

explorer003-1.jpg

explorer004-1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They look professional... You put new tints over the factory tints for the back?

and also what brand or make did you use do these? I want to do my front windows as well. But the cutting and all that work is a *****...

thanks man yea i put 5% on all the back windows over the factory tint and 20% on the front windows and i use gila window tint from autozone but the walmart stuff works good to thats what i have on my truck

You mind putting up a quick small guide? How did you measure and cut? and I want tints that are going to match the factory ones in the back, are there any special things I should know before I go ahead and put them on?

looks nice

your window is your guide put the tint on the outside of the window to trace it. Take your razor blade and cut leave some tint on the bottom so you can tuck it down inside the door panel. you can go on youtube and type in tinting windows and watch some movies the will give you a run through of how to tint them

I did my same exact tint setup on my 94 Explorer. when you put 5% over that factory tint ..... there no seeing anything inside the windows. i googled how dark that would calculate out to and it was something like .8% Im rolling black(tint) on black(paint) on black(rims) so it looks pretty cool lol

I did my same exact tint setup on my 94 Explorer. when you put 5% over that factory tint ..... there no seeing anything inside the windows. i googled how dark that would calculate out to and it was something like .8% Im rolling black(tint) on black(paint) on black(rims) so it looks pretty cool lol

Pics? I have a black 01' and I want to do the exact same tint as you guys. I also am going to paint my rims black. I have my tailights tinted too, but not very dark.

142_0326.jpg
This is JUST the front 2 tinted. but i have tinted turn signals , and tail lights. This is the worst picture but its the only one that really shows the tint on the front ones.

142_0328.jpg

I am going to tint my windows down to 5% all the way around, 5% on the front and 20% on the factory tint, which will bring it close to 5% for a close match to the front windows.

Back