• Register Today It's free!

Pics of tinted windows

mpally

Reaction score
City, State
St. Louis, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'04 Eddie Bauer
Does anyone have pictures of a 02 four door with tinted windows? I am thinking of tinting the front two windows. I think I want just the same tint that comes from the factory on the back windows. Are there any issues with matching the factory tint?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It shouldn't be a problem because there is no reflective tint on the 02's. It's just a dark black tint. Any professional tint shop should be able to match it. Call around a few places first and check out prices. I got my two front windows tinted for $50 at a pro and it matches great! Good luck man.

MattStar, do you have any pics of the windows after the tint?

I do, but mine is a 97 with the "mirrored" tint.

Manik_side.jpg

Tint_Side_1.jpg

Hope these help a little man.

20 % should be a pretty close match. i had that on my truck for awhile, then put 5 % on the front and 20 on the rears and truck to match closely.

Here's mine:

DSC00327.JPG

251936_31_full.jpg

this is of 5 % on front, 20 % on everything else

jssong, have you thought of tinting the whole front windshield? I haven't heard anyone getting a ticket over it yet. A co-worker has an Infinity with the windshield done. Cops pass by all day long and not even a second look.

ive thought about it.. and i would def do it if it was a show vehicle. however, i do drive alot in the nighttime and in snow and rain. therefore, that would be very difficult if i had my front windshield tinted. i know it would look so much better because of the tints and truck being black.

tinting the windshield is also even more obvious than tinting the front windows to an illegal percent. my fronts are already illegal in ny state.. i have avoided getting tickets thus far..and would like to keep it that way.

hey '96explorereddiebaur, i like your snorkel ;)

Haha...thanks. Snorkel?

Back