Tints on the Taillights | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tints on the Taillights

Alright guys, new idea I have. I want to tint out the taillights without any covers or any sprays. I was thinking if I went and brought out a roll of 35% tints smoke color or black ( I have no idea which one) and stick it on the tail lights how would they look. The main thing I am worried about is the light penetrating through the tints, since this is a legal issue I want to be on the safe side.
My most main concern is the light penetrating through the tints and I would like to ask what percentage would the light go through the tints and would be bright enough. The color isn’t much of a issue but I do want it to look black. I’ve only seen ‘smoke’ colored ones and I want the tints to go through with the color of the body so would the smoked tints on the tint look good?

Sorry for the long post, I’ve got some extra few bucks in my bank account and it’s burning me keeping it in there. Thanks a lot!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just a heads up if you get rear ended your more them likely going to loose out. A buddy got rearend with tinted tail lights, and lost big time ( only legal for parking display ) not legal on roads.

Not me the cop loved my lights and told me that it was fine to have done(at least up here) as long as you can see them light up from 300 yards away is Alaska State law. Check your laws and ALWAYS have a copy of them in your glove compartment box. I have all the laws for tail light, head light, extra lights, strobe lights, different colored lights. And I have pulled it out before save my ass.:salute:Cheers

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wow lost it for tinted tails @ loaderopp

They shouldn't be much of a problem since there is a 3rd brake light, and DON'T tint them WAY too much! :salute:

Wow lost it for tinted tails @ loaderopp

They shouldn't be much of a problem since there is a 3rd brake light, and DON'T tint them WAY too much! :salute:

When you hit someone from behind, most time your at fault and get charged with driving with undo attention.

the guy that hit bill, sued because bill had tinted is tail lights, the judge agreed and found bill at fault! ( bill's insurance company then ) had to pay for the guys car! then they sued bill for the cost of the repair, and also never had to pay for his becuase he was at fault for making a modification that did not conform to the DOT or transport canada's code on lighting.

I think the hole thing amounts to horse S****, But he opened him self up to the problem, And these day's people sue over anything.

Tinted my turn signals last year. Pics are in my reg.

I think both the signal and the brake lights tinted look the best. the reverse with the white light, it looks much better and it actually looks different from the regular ones.

Back