Tire Jack & Tool Mystery | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tire Jack & Tool Mystery

Did Your Truck Have All it's Tire tools?

• Yes, complete set

Votes: 74 77.9%
  • No, It was missing the jack

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • No, It was missing the jack handle

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • No, It was missing the tire iron

Votes: 8 8.4%
  • No, It was missing Everything

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters
Mine had the jack and the tire iron. The jack "exploded" the first time i used it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

replacement part for jack

(I found this thread via Google. Looks like a good resource!) I have an '05 Explorer. I'm trying to figure out how to buy a part for my jack set. I stripped the square cutout in the lug "wrench" cross-bar that goes in the rod that connects to the jack. The part is pictured below. Any suggestions for where to get just this part? I know I could buy my own jack, but I prefer to stick with the original parts.
05_explorer_lug_wrench.jpg

Ford dealer? Or are they making you buy the whole set?

mine was missing the spare tire!!! but had everything else !

My 06 had everything, nothing missing at all.

I've had 2 Explorers thus far:

- 1998 Sport - 1 owner - Everything in there minus the instructions - and as a side not the spare tire turned out to be on recall. So the next guy got 1 brand new tire.

- 1999 Sport - 1 owner - Everything in there including the instructions

-Andy
D.J.O.R. Netzhauptmann

I was missing everything...but I honestly didn't expect it to be in the cab of my Ranger when I bought it used at a lot...they often snitch them to stick in higher priced vehicles. I perfer a floor jack to be honest, usually much safer in my experience, they don't tend to slip unless not properly used and blocked. ;)

Although the bolt to drop the tire had to be cut, if I recall correctly, when the truck wrecked...so I have to get a replacement...

Anyone have any ideas/suggestions on how to keep those buggers from getting rusted/jammed too tight that you have to cut them? *sighs* Happened on my 87 F150 too! :p

RhainyC.....drop the wire all the way down, coat the wire with Ford/Merc Wheel Bearing Grease, and apply some more to the turning rod gears...raise the cable up again, and drop it back down again...install the spare back over the cable, and don't worry about it again.

...All 3 of mine have Everything the factory left us with to fend for ourselves on the side of the road:

1 Lugwrench
1 Spare Tire dropping tool/jack handle
1 (Useless) Jack
1 Pair of Gloves.

Did you guys know they came with gloves?.....They were an off white, cotton/Poly blend with black non-slip 'nubs' on the fingers and palms...well, in 1991, 1992, and 1993 they were...as those are the years of my Explorers..

Ryan

RhainyC.....drop the wire all the way down, coat the wire with Ford/Merc Wheel Bearing Grease, and apply some more to the turning rod gears...raise the cable up again, and drop it back down again...install the spare back over the cable, and don't worry about it again.

...All 3 of mine have Everything the factory left us with to fend for ourselves on the side of the road:

1 Lugwrench
1 Spare Tire dropping tool/jack handle
1 (Useless) Jack
1 Pair of Gloves.

Did you guys know they came with gloves?.....They were an off white, cotton/Poly blend with black non-slip 'nubs' on the fingers and palms...well, in 1991, 1992, and 1993 they were...as those are the years of my Explorers..

Ryan

our 91 had blue non slip nubs, but it was a pretty early build, June or July 1990 I can't remember which

I know a guy that jacks all of the jacks and everything every time he sells a vehicle. he isn't losing them, he's taking them. My xploder was missing the jack, lug wrench, and anything to turn the spare tire down. I'm gonna change to a roof rack and hi-lift jack. call it good. incidentally the wrench size to use is 1/2 inch on the 98's

Mine had everything when I got it and an unused spared (95 truck, got in in 01). I did get it from a private party though.

The nub on the rod that slips into the jack has since broken off. I have a 4-way tire iron in there now cause the lugnuts have been replaced and the stock iron does not fit them.

Back