Tire Jack & Tool Mystery | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tire Jack & Tool Mystery

Did Your Truck Have All it's Tire tools?

• Yes, complete set

Votes: 74 77.9%
  • No, It was missing the jack

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • No, It was missing the jack handle

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • No, It was missing the tire iron

Votes: 8 8.4%
  • No, It was missing Everything

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters

97AWDEXPLODER

Reaction score
City, State
Palatine,IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
97' XLT
To my lack of surprize I have come to find something that seems to be a common problem on a lot of explorer's. All I'm looking for from this post is an honest poll of how many people actually have all the tools they need from the factory to not only remove the tire from the underside of the vehicle but to also be able to use the jack to raise the vehicle. I have 3 explorer's in my close family ranging in years made and they all have that common denominator!! They are all missing 1 part or another!!!!! Is this stupid 1st vehicle owners or a conspiracy from ford to make us buy their dealership "tool kit". Hope to hear back from you!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

All 5 of my first gen explorers have all their "tool sets" that they came with.

... They are all missing 1 part or another!!!!! Is this stupid 1st vehicle owners or a conspiracy from ford to make us buy their dealership "tool kit". Hope to hear back from you!

Are you saying you bought several new vehicles from a dealer and they were missing parts? If so and these vehicles were from the same dealership maybe a prep guy was stealing them and putting them on ebay :scratch:

I've had 7 new ford vehicles and NONE were missing any tools or parts.

Are you saying you bought several new vehicles from a dealer and they were missing parts? If so and these vehicles were from the same dealership maybe a prep guy was stealing them and putting them on ebay :scratch:

I've had 7 new ford vehicles and NONE were missing any tools or parts.

I think that they were used, by his "stupid first owners" comment... which would make sense, if the original owners managed to lose something along the way.

Welcome to Explorer Forum! Mine was missing the tire iron but had everything else. I just bought a 4-way and kept on truckin'.

Mine was missing the lever and the crescent allen.

Mine had everything, but the jack broke the 2nd time I used it....

mine were under the carpet right behind the rear seats, but thats in an 00 sport so it might be different...

While on this topic, where are the jack handles located on the '03 Sports? I can't find them.

Mabie you don't have one?;)
Mine is under the hood on the rad support.

My 2nd gen X has the complete tool kit in it but the first gen i just accquired only has the jack handle and nothing else

no tools at all. mute point really since i have a 4 way and a hi-jack and the factory one wont reach anything anyways i bet. But mine came with a cargo cover!

mine were under the carpet right behind the rear seats, but thats in an 00 sport so it might be different...

yup, thats where they should be.

-Rich

I bought a used 91` early this year and it had everything.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mine had everything but the handle was rusted in half at the tire jack thingie, but that has been resolved thanks to hangfire77 :thumbsup:

Back