How to get the tire jack out??

Jackattack

Reaction score
City, State
Greenville, ME
Year, Model & Trim Level
2009 sport trac xlt
2009 Sport Trac XLT

Cannot get the tire jack removed from behind the passenger seat. Six people have tried and were all stumped! Is there a trick?

Thank you.

Assuming it has never been removed and it is very tight fit from when new. You have to wiggle and pull the pin to release. A little WD40 and a small hammer will help with tap the pin out.

Assuming it has never been removed and it is very tight fit from when new. You have to wiggle and pull the pin to release. A little WD40 and a small hammer will help with tap the pin out.

THANK YOU! I’ll pass along this info and see if he can get it to work now. The pin in question didn’t look removable due to it being crimped on the end.

LoL, update: I just heard from him and he said it required hitting that pin with an 8 pound sledge hammer to get the pin out. Good ol’ American ingenuity at work in these Fords! Never seen something so frustrating in my life. Who carries an 8 pound sledge hammer in their rig?

Yes, the pin is not designed to come out. Just slide over to allow the latch to release. If he removed it, I doubt he cares about whether it did or not. I am sure you can make another pin which is easier to remove, if he wants to continue to use it.

Back