Gina

Elite Explorer Babe
Reaction score
City, State
Bellingham, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT
Hey guys~
I will be retiring the Explorer VERY soon and I've decided to get a 99 Mustang GT. I think my first upgrade will be TIRES. Any opinions on brands/sizes? I'm considering getting new wheels as well, so I can go larger than stock. I would like to get something that can do okay in rain...Seattle... :D Thanks for any input!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Get rid of the ghey Camaro... not the Explorer. Duh.

I clicked on her links to see what vehicles you were talking about section. The pics don't show on some, but I think the camaro is gone already. LT is a camaro? I found one pic of the X in the grass and it looked pretty good from the front.

At least a mustang is still ford.

Okay, okay, I fixed my dead URLs. And Section, it was not a ghey Camaro, it was a kick-ass Firebird!! It's gone now anyways.

"At least a mustang is still ford." Yeah, I'm getting greif from my F-Body friends...I thought you guys would appreciate the Ford! :)

So back to the question...suggestions on performance tires that will do okay in the rain!! :D

What did we do? I said, at least its a ford. Something wrong with that? Anyway, I have not driven a car myself since early '89. I have no clue about performance or rain tires for them.

Back when I had a car I used to run michelin, "Z" speed rated tires and loved them, but that was so long ago.

BFG KDW's. Very good tires. Both my '04 Mach 1 and my '66 Mustang are getting them. Right now I have the Goodyear Skaterbacks on my Mach, and they aren't the greatest for traction.

or bridgestone SO3s :) muahahahahhaa

those suckers are sticky.... dont plan on extened mileage though if you like the skinny pedal ;)

I'm partial to BFG Drag radials but they don't go that great in the rain. ;) I see BFG makes a G-Force sport tire. May be worth a look.

Back