• Register Today It's free!

Tire Question

poolguy435

Reaction score
City, State
Fairhaven, MA / Jackman,ME
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Eddie Bauer
I found this on craigslist today. I was wondering if anyone can tell me if these would fit my 98 ex. I currently have 255/70 16 at stock height on the truck now. I plan on doing the tt/shackle lift soon also. Thanks Here is a copy of the post.

FOUR COOPER DISCOVER AT 305/70/16 TIRES. STILL HAVE LIFE LEFT IN THEM, NO LEAKS, TREAD EVENLY WORN. TIRES WERE ROTATED EVERY YEAR. GOOD SPARE SET OR GREAT FOR OFF ROAD OR BEACH TIRES.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i beleive those are 33's, or like 32.8's or something, but anyway, no they will not fit without some decent lift, you need at least a 3 inch body lift, and the TT and shackles to fit these.

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

By this calculation, which you can back with some freehanded math, a 305/70r16 is:

Side wall: 8.4"
Diameter: 32.8"

I myself am running 295/75r16s which are:

Side wall: 8.7"
Diameter: 33.4"

And the only way I could fit these was with TT/Shacks and a 3" BL, so you are most definitely going to be in the same boat as I am.

Chop those fenders up real good and you might be able to fit em :thumbsup:

I am on 33x12.5xR15 on just a tt and shackles.

Yeah and how is that working out for you....:scratch:

Works find I just had to trim a little off of the front bumper valance.

IMG_0780.jpg

IMG_0781.jpg

IMG_0782.jpg

IMG_0783.jpg

IMG_0779.jpg

Looks awsome! How is the ride and handeling with them? Are they any good on the highway? I just got my warrior shackles in today, so I really want to go and grab these tires before they are gone! i'm ok with doing the tt/shackle lift and trimming the valance. I just don't want to start cutting the fenders up. I'm going to tray and get that done tomorrow as I am heading up to Maine on friday morning and would really like to have it all together tires and all! There are some awsome trails/logging roads up there. I will get some pics up if I can get it all done before I leave! Thanks Guys

The ride is a better than before but that's because the 31's I had were more of a MT and these are more like a road tire. Don't really do much high way driving so can'y help you there. Good luck and hope they fit for you.

Back