Tire sensor fault | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tire sensor fault

Foregus

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Ford Explorer XLT
Hello,

I recently got a low tire pressure error on the dash and took it to be checked out at a tire shop, it was a very small puncture from a small nail or something, the ship patched the tire, but after they finished the low tire pressure icon did not go away, i thought maybe after running it for a few miles it would disappear, it did not, so I checked the pressure on al tires and all was fine, i thought maybe the shop damaged the sensor or something, now all of a sudden I no longer get the low tire pressure error, not I get the tire sensor fault error when i turn on the car, then if I press the reset button it goes away.

Do you guys think the shop actually damaged the sensor? or did they install the tire wrong?, is there a way to fix the sensor or reset it, the dealer would charge me almost 400 dlls to fix it, what options would I have?

Thanks in advance for your input, appreciate any input you might have

I have a 2006 Ford Explorer XLT, stock.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

maybe they didnt train the sensor with the training tool. its called a relearning process.

There is no reason that the Sensor should have to relearn after a simple repair, Like wise there is no reason for it to set off the warning if the tire pressure is ok! That sensor is either damaged or it has failed!

Can these sensors be fixed outside the dealer? Dealer charging 300+ for this, there must be a better way, or am I stuck with dealer?

Thanks

Can these sensors be fixed outside the dealer? Dealer charging 300+ for this, there must be a better way, or am I stuck with dealer?

Thanks

Yes you can buy new sensors on ebay and amazon, the programer can also be purchased from those sources as well.

On a previous post I sent a link. Orange electronics makes a direct swap unit that is a stem style replacement for the band style. They run around 30 bucks each.

On a previous post I sent a link. Orange electronics makes a direct swap unit that is a stem style replacement for the band style. They run around 30 bucks each.

Thanks!, do you have the link?, 30 buck is a great deal

Back