tire size question... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

tire size question...

Ok, my g/f has a 95 explorer limited. it has P235/75/R15's on her, and i have a set of 03 Explorer Limited rims and tires, that i beleive are P235/70/R16's will they fit without modification to her explorer
???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yup they'll fit.. All Explorers are 5 on 4.5"

Yours are probably 255/70/16, but either way, they will fit fine. Maybe, just a SLIGHT rub at full lock, but nothing to worry about.

Originally posted by Robb
Yours are probably 255/70/16, but either way, they will fit fine. Maybe, just a SLIGHT rub at full lock, but nothing to worry about.

ok cool thanks guys! i think they will look really good oh her ex. I am not forsure about the tire size of the 16's. I put them on my Ranger and they rubbed really bad because of the wrong offset of the rims. But i did notice that this ex has the offset as the rims i have. Thanks again!

These are my 255/70/16 XEBs on my '96 Lmtd. They make a nice look.

8799bathed_lmtd-med.jpg

These are my 255/70/16 XEBs on my '96 Lmtd. They make a nice look.

thats really nice, is that really a limited? What did you do wiht you old rims?

Yes, that is a real '96 Limited. It had some aftermarket wheels on it when I bought it, which I have since sold to another member here.

Yes, that is a real '96 Limited. It had some aftermarket wheels on it when I bought it, which I have since sold to another member here.

ahh i see.lol i was woundering why you would change from limited rims to EB rims...lol but since you had aftermarkt i understand. I love the look of those crome rims on her. it looks good.

Back