• Register Today It's free!

Tires for 2007 xlt 4x4 v8

Reaction score
City, State
Menasha, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Explorer XLT
Hi all,
Time for new tires 235 70R16. I do mostly highway/town , but will also drive fields/dirt paths for Deer and Turkey hunting as well as needing great snow ability with living in WI and driving on lake ice/snow for ice fishing. We also hope to get a camper in the next few years to tow. I am currently considering Cooper Discoverer Road and Trails and Hankook Dynapro AT2 Xtremes. What are your thoughts on/experiences with these tires? Different recommendations?

Hi all,
Time for new tires 235 70R16. I do mostly highway/town , but will also drive fields/dirt paths for Deer and Turkey hunting as well as needing great snow ability with living in WI and driving on lake ice/snow for ice fishing. We also hope to get a camper in the next few years to tow. I am currently considering Cooper Discoverer Road and Trails and Hankook Dynapro AT2 Xtremes. What are your thoughts on/experiences with these tires? Different recommendations?
We have Cooper tires on all our vehicles and have had no issues with them. Continental is another brand I would recommend, having used them in the past.

I have been pretty happy with Michelin CrossClimate2 "all weathers." They have the snow symbol but are for all year use. Quite an aggressive and unique tread.

Back