Tires - Scorpions, Duelers, LTX... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tires - Scorpions, Duelers, LTX...

I have a 1995 X. I need tires. I have 4wd, but will most likely do 99% street driving. BUT I do want to be able to get through a little snow when going up to Tahoe for an occasional drive on the road through snow conditions.

I currently have ONE good Pirelli Scorpion AT. If I replace the other 3 with Scorpion ATs...are those tires loud on regular street driving..?? Anyone have opinions on the Scorpions one way or another..?? I imagine they would be fine for a little 4wd for me, but wonder about everyday driving and handling.

I also have Bridgestone Dueler ATs on my F-150. I like em, they ride nice...that ones only a 2wd, I camp a little, pull my boat, etc...Any thoughts on Duelers for my X..??

It seems like many people here seem to like Michellins (LTX?) for general streets.

Thanks for yer thoughts

i had the michelin ltx s and didnt like them at all. They squeeked and squelled and peeled every chance they could, now runnin bfg all terrain t/as. So much better

i just replaced my pirelli scorpions with BFG at's, and i really like the BFG's so far. the pirelli's were pretty loud on the highway, louder than the new BFG's. they wore ok, they handled great, and they were pretty good in the rain. they also gave a comfortable ride. i wasn't impressed in the snow with them though. thye are also pretty cheap on tirerack. when i got them though they were only $81 ea. a steal i think.

if your will be on the pavement 99% of the time i think the duelers will be perfect for you, you could even step up to the dueler revo's and have a little more aggressive tire...a bfg a/t would almost be a waste with 99% pavement driving, although i love mine both on-road and off

Back