tires...whats everyone running? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

tires...whats everyone running?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

BFG Mud Terrain, km 35x12.5x15,

they work damn good, but are unavailable now,

BUT, the new M/.T km2 are about the best off road tire you can get now, as well as having pretty good road manners too

BFG All Terrains(sp?)
Bought these just after getting the vehicle over 5 years ago except for front left tire recently getting chewed up all are in good condition.

Going to be getting some Michelins next though. 115 a tire is not to bad for those.

easyasone
sick tires man.... i bet they look really good on you're X

Millertime
i wanted the bfg at's and i have heard from everyone that has them that they love them... but for my rim size they are well over $800.... my wallet started hurting just thinking about it.... so im thinking about the general tires... $500 all in and im getting the size i want and everything...

Cooper Discoverer ATR in 255/70/16, very happy with them.

Really surprised nobody has posted pics, so here goes.......

BFG KM2-33x12.5 on the 94

fuglysnew33shoes1.jpg

ProComp MT-35x12.5 on the 95

rearaxle35s.jpg

Wrangler silent armor tires. They come with both an on-road warranty and an off-road warranty. They are snow rated too.

ive always wondered how they are on the trails...

Only run them in snow thus far, and very happy with performance. :thumbsup;

Wrangler silent armor tires. They come with both an on-road warranty and an off-road warranty. They are snow rated too.

both on and off road warranty... im gonna have to look into those...

Really surprised nobody has posted pics, so here goes.......

BFG KM2-33x12.5 on the 94

fuglysnew33shoes1.jpg

ProComp MT-35x12.5 on the 95

rearaxle35s.jpg

Gman... they look sick good looking x's

I have firestone ATs. They rode nice, but didn't last long. Those General ATs are my next set.

I have firestone ATs. They rode nice, but didn't last long. Those General ATs are my next set.

yea... me too... im just curious if anyone on the forum is running them now... im really interested in those

both on and off road warranty... im gonna have to look into those...

Gman... they look sick good looking x's

Tire guy said if I slide into a ditch or something while offroad and get stuck, they will even tow me out for free. As long as they can get a truck in there of course. He said they are that confident in there tires.

I'm on the 255/70/16 Firestone Destination AT's, I love them. I've seen 2 posts about them not lasting long but they're great tires.

Everyone I see that runs the general at's likes them. Just rotate and keep the pressure good or they cup.

I'm on the 255/70/16 Firestone Destination AT's, I love them. I've seen 2 posts about them not lasting long but they're great tires.

I didnt rotate them, thats why i killed them, I have gotten 25k out of them . They are a pretty nice tire though.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yea mine have less than 2k on them, they're new still basically :D

So much better than my old tires though, I could slide in half an inch of snow, but our last blizzard with these, I was plowing right through the snow.

Back