to anybody that has a billet grille | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

to anybody that has a billet grille

JMan93

Reaction score
City, State
Westford, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT 4x4
once you get the billet grille on how do you open your hood? you need to push the latch behind the grille with the stock one but you can't with the billet grille.

i am talknig about this grille.

05001.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

screwdriver

screwdriver

I had a 94 XLT w/ that grill. (But with the cut outs for the Hella 550 lights)

By the way, if anyone wants it, its been in my garage for the last 2.5 years. (You can have it.)

I have a Trenz grill and they sent a little metal piece that's supposed to "extend" the handle out to the grill I believe. But I was too lazy to do it, so I use a screwdriver as well.

I even had that part of the latch removed for a while, but put it back on (didn't want to take the chance of the hood flying open anymore). You could try welding or screwing something on to the latch to get it to reach the grill.

Since that's from Explorer Express, have you asked them?

chopsticks

Re: screwdriver

Originally posted by terdrocket
screwdriver

I had a 94 XLT w/ that grill. (But with the cut outs for the Hella 550 lights)

By the way, if anyone wants it, its been in my garage for the last 2.5 years. (You can have it.)

hey ill take it :) if you really dont want it

Screwdriver, chopsticks, pencil, bamboo, a very straight tree limb, pretzel rod, etc will ALL work!

Screwdriver, chopsticks, pencil, bamboo, a very straight tree limb, pretzel rod, etc will ALL work!

Ineed, all will work.. Don't know where my screwdriver is, so I've been using a pen I have...

LOL well I was not the lazy one and put on the extension to the lever... mine is a Stull billet....

How do you remove the front grill, I wanted to make my billet grill have a more secure fit but i could not get the grill off, I removed all the screws on top and the ones behinds the lights along with the clips but there are 2 more clips or something i couldn't loosen. I have a 96 Eddie Bauer. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Back