To much for a 92 sport?

JoshC

Only rolled it once honey
Reaction score
City, State
Culloden, WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 4d OHV
Here is a picture of this truck. A woman owns it. I've talked to her twice now and she really knows her truck! She bought it new in 92. It has 120,000 miles on it. In the last 3-5 years she has only put about 10,000 miles on it. They have 7 cars, so she didn't drive it much. She loves it and doesn't really want to get rid of it. No major problems with it. All the work, well most of the repair work has been done by her and her dad or Ford. The biggest thing that she has had to replace or fix was the pinion gear. It's an XLT with a 5-speed. Push button 4wd, auto hubs. It's got a skyjacker 4" lift with 33" BFG ATs. The lift and the tires are about 3 years old and the tires look brand new. I've not seen the truck, my brother is the one looking at it. The woman sent me this picture. I really like it. But the thing is she said she would take 5300 for it. That is steep. The blue book on it for a private party deal is 3380. I talked to her about that and she said if she can't get that out it then she will just keep it cause she wants it anyways. She was asking 5800 and she said she'd take 5500 the today she 5300. We talked for a while on the phone and i mentioned this site to her and i think she was going to check it out. Let me know what you think about it so i can set up a deal if we are going to. Thanks.

Attachments

• dsc00149.jpg
    dsc00149.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 208

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

first of all, thats not an xlt, thats a sport, heh. it looks nice in pics, but i cant say anything til i see it up close (and i dont think ill get the chance, heh.) 5300 is really steep, but i mean, it depends on how much you want it. have it checked out by a mechanic, and if it seems mechanically sound, and you really want it, i say go for it. otherwise, you would just go spend $3000 on another 92, with roughly the same miles, and no mods, and the owner treated it like sh*t.

basically, shes asking too much, but it all depends on how much you like it, and what else are you looking at?

Certainly is a clean sharp truck... 5300 is high... even with mods... I can go around to many dealers and get stock 94 limited for 4k fully loaded similar milage.... I think the price is high, and the market has traditionally not big at all for modded vehicles... the only way if she were to dump it off at a dealer to get anything is because it does look very clean!

Oh yeah, if any wheelin is gonna be done in it... Boom go the auto hubs! My guess is it hasn't been wheeled much, and if so, see if there are new hubs, b/c as I'm sure you know... the 1st gen hubs suck... That's where Warn comes in!

Nother note... if yer bro er you are serious... check the tail gate bottom edge, lower door edges, and right in front of the rear wheels for rust... they're notorious to do that... and very time consuming to fix that

That looks like a real clean truck I would say offer 4700 and try that.Check behind the front tire on the rocker for rust also thats where my two door started rusting first also open up the gas door and look in there also:D

Hey thanks for the replys fellas. I knew about the rust spots and that was the first thing on my list. I'd do a very good look over on it. It has never been off road! She put the lift on it because she saw an explorer in a magazine with a lift and thought it was unique. Yeah one of the first things i asked her was if it had auto or manual hubs and she said auto, so that would be the first to go. It is a very clean truck. Here is another picture i got from her a little bit ago. I really don't think she'll come down on her price any more. She loves the truck and doesn't really want to get rid of it but i think her husband is making her or something, but we'll see. My brother wants it pretty bad. That is exactly what he has been looking for. Thanks for correcting me with the XLT and the sport package, i didn't realize they were different. But now i know! Thanks again for the replys, just making sure i didn't miss anything.

Happy trails!!

Attachments

• dsc00156.jpg
    dsc00156.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 175

Well, went checked it out yesterday. I really really like. I think he is going to get it. She said she'd take 5000 for it so, that's not bad cause he wouldn't be able to fork out the money to lift a stock explorer, so he's going to get one that has alreay been lifted. I only noticed one rust spot and that was on the DS right under the door on the rocker, it wasn't that bad yet, just bubbling the paint. A few places need some touch up paint, but man inside looked like a brand new truck and i'm not even kidding. I was extremely clean. She has taken really good care of it. But we'll see in the next couple of days.

Happy trails!!

I would pay 5K for it if it was as nice as you say it is. The rust would bother me, but that is beside the point.

hey josh
that's a nice looking sport.

will it be coming to west virginia?

i've got skid plates coming this week for my truck.
i can hardly wait!

have you ever been to tellico?

give me a yell sometime.

peter

Hey Peter, good to hear from you. Yeah he bought it yesterday. He is going today to the loan. It up in Buchcannon.

I've never been to tellico, just paragon. You still up for the GWNF trip, i think i'll talk my brother into going now that he will have 4wd.

Happy trails!!

Back