to much stress....

XplorerKid

Rolling on 37"s
Reaction score
City, State
Winter Haven Fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Xplorer
So i know theres going to be bout 20 people that pop on here and is goign to say i told you so, but oh well some one needed to try it, and i did, and im here to inform yall, 37"s is TO MUCH STRESS on 2wd lift spindles. Just thought i would inform yall of that, luckily i broke the spindle backing out of a parking lot, and not driving 70 down I4 like im suppose to be doing in about 3 hrs. Tonight is prom, and i had the truck all cleaned and shined ready to go, DAMN IT. But liek i said atleast it happened now and only cost me money instead of my life...

Good day to all i must go get ready for prom.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That sucks man! Good luck at prom ;)

Yep, plus i had my foot ran over last night, and landed on my wrist wrong and its hurting, and im now going to Prom with my ex, so this day totally sucks, i shoulda just went to sleep and slept for a few days...

.... get some :thumbsup:

-Drew

hungover?

i remember my first prom, at 5 am it was a group puking in the backyard... never since have i puked with more people other then myself... fawkin aweomse

my second prom we got SMASHED at a hotel, no puking that time

third prom was lame, actually no it rocked, it wasnt even mine, i wasnt even in highschool at that point, I left the girl that brought me to get up with another chick hahah. It was cool though, we had a mutal agreement...

Sorry to hear of the damage, but as you already indicated you were lucky it wasn't worse...

BTW how did the prom go...(or is it still going ;) )

well prom was great, i had a blast, since im still in love with my ex, it was great spending all yesterday, last night, and this mornign with her, and being able to wake up with her beside me. we had a great time, but no i didnt get wasted, i didnt feel like getting drunk and making an ass out of my self last night. Here is some pictures of the carnage, plus one of the massive(LOL) 37" tire....

Attachments

• 100_0114 (Small).jpg
    100_0114 (Small).jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 244
  • 100_0115 (Small).jpg
    100_0115 (Small).jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 234
  • 100_0116 (Small).jpg
    100_0116 (Small).jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 240
  • 100_0117 (Small).jpg
    100_0117 (Small).jpg
    62 KB · Views: 240

wow that sucks. well the prom thing i guess worked out for ya...im happy for ya. I remeber my prom last year. i left at 12 am cuz i had to pick up my dad from the airport.

bummer about the carnage... sounds like you knew you were pushing the limits so it wasnt entirely unexpected.

i remember my senior prom... I had had my exploder for about 3 weeks... first time I had sex in the explorer... mmmm good times...

JStrider said:
bummer about the carnage... sounds like you knew you were pushing the limits so it wasnt entirely unexpected.

Yea i tihnk the max recomended is a 33" and i was told by plenty a 37" is pushing it, but i dont off road this truck so i didnt figure id have a problem, and im not running super offset-ed rims, im running 15x8s so thers not a lot of stress right there, who knows, maybe it was just a bad spindle...

Glad to hear you're ok. And that there wasn't much damage. Looked good while it lasted :)

What’s prom?! Ahh never mind. I couldn’t be bothered to go at the time. It wasn’t worth it to me to spend the money just to be with people I could careless about, maybe had I stayed rest of the year it would have mattered (grad ½ year early ;)). If they where friends before, they are still friends now. Not much loss, but a lot gained in the long run.

Sorry to hear about the explorer. Good thing it didn’t happen on the road though. That may have ended you and the Ex., you care so much about. Who knows what else your truck may have taken out? Glad you’re safe; it looked good while it lasted. What plans do you have now, going to attempt it again?

time to get larger knuckles (spindles+bearings) on there some how?

is it possible to switch over the knuckles from a fullsize IFS truck? like the newer f-150s? i guess they would have bigger bearnigs simular to the older dana44 ttb trucks?

woot! ordered my parts friday, will be here monday. I ordered pro comp spindles this time, when i get them i will compare them to the ebay ones to see if the build quality appears to be different, i doubt it, but im hoping maybe the pro comps are stronger.... Guess we'll find out.

I thought that Bulls Eye company made them all?

section525 said:
I thought that Bulls Eye company made them all?

Not sure, we will find out, but im paying around the same price as ide pay for them off ebay, and getting them a hell of a lot quicker, im getting a good discount on the procomps. The ebay ones would take week to week and half to get, these i ordered friday at 4pm, and getting them monday.

damn dude That sucks about it breaking. I have the ebay ones (was told they are same as procomps) and all I do is go through wheel bearings every 6 months. I am sure if I repacked them every other oil change I wouldn't have problems though. You should just send me your 37's, I'll need them soon :)

Ebay ones and Pro Comp are not the same, Procomps look beefier to me. when i change the drivers side, ill take comparison shots of it. But i definately can tell you the Ebay ones and Pro Comps are not exactly the same.

Back