• Register Today It's free!

Tornado....Whats the scoop???

greengoose

Reaction score
City, State
Las Vegas, NV
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Limited
I know I have read about the air swirling thing called the Tornado. Yesterday while I was at 4WheelParts in Las Vegas ordering my Warrior shackles, the salesman was trying desperately to sell me the Tornado air intake thing.
From what I remember reading here, it was all BULL$#^!. He INSISTED....Money back guarantee. Said that he has sold hundreds to happy customers that swear by it.

Has anyone here actually try it?...I tried the "search "option this morning and I received the following error:

"There seems to have been a slight problem with the database. Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists."

Just want to let you know I wasnt trying to be lazy.
-Bryan

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The consensus from everywhere that I have read about it is it is completely worthless. The performance gains you will get are the results from having a lighter wallet. You should have asked the salesman for the list of happy customers and then contacted them for their oppinion, not the salesmans opinion of what their opinion might be.

Hi Bryan,
AgExplorer bought one and couldn't tell any difference. He still has it in.

You can't easily check performance gains unless you want to dyno it, but you can easily verify their mileage improvement gains if you buy it.

You have the trip computer like I do in my '99 EB, right? Reset the avg mileage and gals used to zero. Find a flat Interstate in your area. Drive 25 or 30 miles cruise control one way, then return for a 50+ mile round trip (going both ways will negate wind, elevation, and other mileage -altering factors). Check what your readings are. Install the Tornado, reset the trip computer again, and immediately repeat the same trip. Take advantage of the money back guarantee if there is no change.

Let me know what you find out. I'm interested in the results.

I helped a friend of mine install one in his dodge pickup. The only difference we noticed was a high pitched whine coming from the air intake whenever he accelerated, no performance or mileage gains whatsoever. I think it is called the tornado because it whistles.

Hey Bryan,
How's the little one? Gettin big I would imagine.
On the tornado thingamabob, spend the money on your wife. You'll get alot more back then you would if you spend it on that snake oil.

Hello Ray,
Baby is still in the oven...Due on May 16th..Wooooo Hoooo.!!!
Im not even going to go thru the hassle of buying it just to return it. Thanks for all of the advice everyone.
-Bryan

Wifes new web page...includes the nursery and will feature the baby next month....
http://www.lvcm.com/spacebunny

Then click on "Area 51" at the bottom.

-Bryan

Congrats Bryan! Due date during Moab... I'll expect to hear the news when I return the next week. Will your child's nickname be "GreenGosling"? Dead Link Removed

Back