• Register Today It's free!

TORNADO

hatteraspimp

Reaction score
City, State
Hatteras, North Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT
Has anyone purchased a tornado air intake and if so, did it make a good change in hp and mpg?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is it a type R tornado?

LOL - what a coincidence!

I was out today looking to buy a model railroad and drover by a 'specialized' ricer shop. Low and behold.. a big frikkin Tornado sign in the front window! OMG!!

Hey I guess... a scam's a scam!

hey, dont cop out with the tornado, get the boat bilge pump turbo off of ebay.

not so bad

hey, new guy here. The tornado isn't that bad when you drive as many miles as I do even 2-4 mpg is a good thing as far as the performance nothing. On strictly highway I can see 4mpg better and the norm is about 2-3mpg in the city. And it only cost 50 bucks.

Re: not so bad

Originally posted by 97mount
hey, new guy here. The tornado isn't that bad when you drive as many miles as I do even 2-4 mpg is a good thing as far as the performance nothing. On strictly highway I can see 4mpg better and the norm is about 2-3mpg in the city. And it only cost 50 bucks.
Congrats on your mileage gain! Although that goes against every technical article I have read on the device.

Robb

BTW: Welcome Aboard!!:D

Re: not so bad

Originally posted by 97mount

Aldive - get on it, let us know!

crap when on it

when i get on it a bunch the the mileage sucks just the same the 2-3 is under normal granny driving so I can squeze every last dollar out of the tank. The 4 that I hit only a few times was literally highway, and only highway at 65 set on the cc and no trafic.

you will get better milage without cruise control.

isnt it physically impossible for a product like this to work, especially with the FI system in our X's... alec knows more about this, care to chime in?

Originally posted by 98FordX24
you will get better milage without cruise control.
depends on were your driving. in NY that probably is true, but here in the south were it is virtually level for 100's of miles, the cruise will net you better MPG.

BTW, out of the literally hundreds of tests on the Tornado, i have only seen one test that said that it actually worked... and that was the test that Tornado did. just something to think about.

im thinking you probably just drive a bit easier on it with the tornado, psychology and all, and thats why you see the mpg gains, not through it actually working

Back