Torque strut mount

Joe Stewart

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Austin, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2019 Explorer Platinum
When my exploder is at idle, A/C on, you open the passenger door and engine would start vibrating. Putting it in park would sometimes help, but raising the rpm would normally end it. I was giving my coworker a ride and it happened. He immediately said “your torque strut mount is out”. He also said it is common on explorers(he worked for Ford for 8 years). I ordered one and i will post pics of install and outcome. Visually, it looks like rubber is missing, and replacing looks easy enough. Will have to put block of wood on jack and lift engine via oil pan slightly to relieve pressure on mount, then unbolt and replace. 3F5D758F-6A4A-482A-BFA1-4560213BA2A3.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If your lower anti-roll "torque" mount is dead and torn, then the other two mounts have likely been twisting excessively and broken down too. One is easier than the other to replace. Just a thought.

If your lower anti-roll "torque" mount is dead and torn, then the other two mounts have likely been twisting excessively and broken down too. One is easier than the other to replace. Just a thought.
That is my thought also

That is my thought also
I have bought the 3 mounts and nuts/bolts, they're on their way still. The driver's side one you gotta take off the air box, then the battery box to get to it. Helps to have an E8 torx socket to hold the studs. When I jacked up the transmission from below you could see the rubber in the mount move like 2 inches. It's sagging in there pretty good at rest. The engine rocks like a bucking bronco too. Hoping this fix improves the acceleration response delay.

I did. They've updated the mounts' design a few times it seems. +1 to Autonation Ford White Bear Lake. Best dealer parts store ever.
Do you have the part numbers for motorcraft parts? Rockauto only list aftermarket parts that have bad reviews on amazon.

Do you have the part numbers for motorcraft parts? Rockauto only list aftermarket parts that have bad reviews on amazon.
Check with these OEM suppliers;

Peter

Back