• Register Today It's free!

Torsion Bars?

15sExSport

Reaction score
City, State
Williamsburg, Va
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 Explorer Sport
Hi New here my name is Danny and user name is 15sExSport.

I'm looking for ideas on how to lower my front end, but am having problems witht the front spring being torsion bars.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Try AIM industries they sell aftermarket torsion keys that will let you lower the front end a little more than just loosening the stock ones. I just did it on mine and it went down almost 4 inches but you have to get an alignment after and most likly will need aftermarket adjusting cams to fix the camber issue.

Ditto, don't change the ride height(adjusters) until you are ready for an alignment(have an appointment). Decide on what height you want first. If you only want a couple of inches you may be fine to go straight to the alignment shop. They can do it at the same time(less than two minutes), or you could do it just before going.

If you want more lowering you will require new camber washers, or bolts also. Those kits are cheap at local parts stores. If you need much more lowering then you would be wise to buy new torsion bar keys, I bought a pair for about $90, from Total Performance. That would require unbolting the spindle from the upper control arm, allowing the lower to swing down(spring pressure).

Search on here for those threads about lowering etc. Good luck,

Alright that all sounds great. I also have dumper exhaust right now from the cat. I am working on having it exit right past the doors 6in. from the rear axel. but not sure what muffler to go. I already put a cherry on there. It made it deeper but was not satisfied. Altho just by adding the K&N replacefit air filter and dumper exhaust i brought my 1/4 times down to 15.90. people went wild when that went down lol

Go on the Amsoil website and see if they have an air filter to match the size of what you have. K&N filters and many other aftermarket brands flow more air than OEM, but they filter far less well. More dirt gets through, that's the downside of them. Amsoil EA filters flow much better, and clean better also. They are dry, no oil required, and they are cleanable. They should last several years easily, they claim more, but for $25 it's good for the engine. Regards,

My truck has been running very sluggish lately. She doesnt have the same pick up it did 4 months ago. I think its time for a tune up. By removing the stock plugs with new ones will that poss. solve the problem. My K&N filter as you said may be letting in dirt.
My Explorer has a 4.0L which is the same as the 05-07 mustangs. With that said, I've been reading that I can bolt on throttle body.

The late Mustang 4.6 throttle body is a bolt on, search for Al's 30mpg thread, but the TB isn't a major need, do it last if at all.

Actually...

You should get an upper plenum or throttle body first before you get an intake. because an intake doesn't do anything. All it does is make your engine and exhaust sound different. Because you would still have the same air being pulled. But by gettting the throttle or upper plenum your engine will be able to pull in more air, then making sense to get the intake ya know what I mean. Not to mention I will also need to a Chip to tune my vehicle for the new parts and pull as much hp and torque as I can.

The late model 4.6 is way to big brother lol.

Back