Towing A Travel Trailer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Towing A Travel Trailer

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'd go with a Popup camper. It will fit into the weight class you're asking about, and has a lot less drag at speed.

I'd go with a Popup camper. It will fit into the weight class you're asking about, and has a lot less drag at speed.
I'm looking for something more full time and hard sides when I'm in bear territory....

I understand that. How much room do you need? It's very challenging to find a travel trailer under 3500 lbs. It can be done, but most fall in the overlanding category and are pricey.

I understand that. How much room do you need? It's very challenging to find a travel trailer under 3500 lbs. It can be done, but most fall in the overlanding category and are pricey.
I think something around 15 to 17 feet. I'd like to find something with a Murphy bed. And since it's just me and my hounds, I don't need dinette seating, a swivil chair and a side table woulld be enough. Or instead of a side table I could even use a folding dinner tray. I'm also okay with just a microwave instead of an oven. If I wanted to bake something I would use my air fryer... I don't need an awning so that would also help cut down on weight. I was planning on purchasing a little dome tent like gazebo to set up with folding table and chairs when I'm outside. I also interested in looking for something with a cassette toilet to eliminate a black tank.

I've been wanting to buy a camper trailer for years.

If you're looking for small, light, affordable, and with hard sides, you might give Runaway Campers a try. They even have an off road version.

Do you have the factory installed 2 inch receiver?

Back