• Register Today It's free!

Towing specs for 99 Sport please

Tarron

Reaction score
City, State
Colorado Springs, CO & Ft Garland, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Sport 4X4
Could someone with a 99 Sport 4x4, 4 liter SOHC V-6, 5 speed automatic with 4.10 gears please look in their owner's manual for the towing specifications? Need to know max weight I can tow, hitch weight and any other specs that I can't remember. Thinking of buying a "small" camping trailer and need to know if my Sport can tow it. Before you ask, I'm living in Japan and my X is home in Colorado where I should be, but that's another story. I plan on installing a transmission cooler, class 3 frame hitch, and 4-door rear springs, if I really need them. Thanks for your help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A small camping trailer should be absolutely no trouble for any Explorer. My family had a pretty decent sized one and it weighed $1,500. We towed it with a Taurus wagon for years with no problems at all.

I'm trying to figure the safety margin and ...

how many options I can add to the trailer. I'm looking to take it on Forest Service roads and want to make sure I have enough extra capacity so I can handle any rough spots. If I was home I could just run out in the garage and look at the owner's manual but....

Delafield, wow haven't been there in years. I grew up in Waukesha but left that area a long time ago. Still have friends around Madison so get out there every year to two.

Thanks Okrazie1

Now I can see how many heavy options I can add to the Chalet pop-up trailer I'm looking at. I checked out the pictures of your Explorer and I might have to give Zaino a try too as it sure shines.

Back