TPMS and Remote Keyless Entry antenna | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

TPMS and Remote Keyless Entry antenna

medic550

Reaction score
City, State
Somewhere
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 PIU
Looking for the location for the module for RKE and TPMS. Just picked up one that goes into programming mode for TPMS and RKE however unable to program either and confirmed that TPMS Sensors are present in the wheels. A dealer placed a civi console in this utility and not sure where to look behind the AC controls for the antenna. Pics would be helpful.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Not sure what you meant by "just picked one up"? Are you talking about the vehicle?
This refers to the retail Explorer but may help. Not sure if the PIU is different. Remote Start / Entry Antenna Location

Peter

Yes I just got the vehicle. I am getting tpms fault and keyless and tire sensors not working. Civilian have the module in back of center console by rear seats. However in police I believe it’s somewhere under dash. But I need help locating.

I found a part number for the module but am unable to locate where it would be on the vehicle.

BB5Z-19G481-U

The TPMS module is right below the 2 cigarette lighters under the radio. Pull off that panel and it should be attached to the back on the police version. It's probably missing or unplugged laying down under the console in that area if the dealer messed with it.

The Keyless entry part is built into the BCM. Depending on the year of the PIU this is usually turned off and needs to be turned on with Forscan and programmed. If you go to the Ford site you can pull up the same year Manual and look for the programming instructions to link the buttons.

The TPMS module is right below the 2 cigerette lighters under the radio. Pull off that panel and it should be attached to the back on the police version. It's probably missing or unplugged laying down under the console in that area if the dealer messed with it.

The Keyless entry part is built into the BCM. Depending on the year of the PIU this is usually turned off and needs to be turned on with Forscan and programmed. If you go to the Ford site you can pull up the same year Manual and look for the programming instructions to link the buttons.

yeah the cig panel was missing and I assume misplaced upon decommission. It has keyless but won’t work without that antenna. I have one on order now to replace it.

yeah the cig panel was missing and I assume misplaced upon decommission. It has keyless but won’t work without that antenna. I have one on order now to replace it.

The Keyless entry does not use the TPMS module for its antenna unless you have Intelligent Access(IA) and an RTA module. PIU's don't come with this. The PIU/Base/XLT use the BCM for it wireless functions.

The panel on the PIU where the TPMS mounts would have to be removed if they put in a center console like you mentioned if it an OEM one.

Back