Tpms sensor fault

Digitalgp

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Hudson valley
Year, Model & Trim Level
‘15 XLT
So of course about a week or so after putting on new tires now that the temperatures have plummeted I get the tire sensor fault message coming up. Is there any way to disable it or is the only way to replace the dead sensor? I can live without it since I was driving and regularly checking my tire pressures before they even became a thing.

If you have Forscan, you can disable it in the GEM module. You can also leave it active, but go into the instrument cluster module to keep the warning off your dash.
It's not real straightforward. You have to find the right line of code, convert the setting from hexidecimal to binary, change the right character, and then convert back to hexidecimal to get the value to input back into the module. I'm not well versed in it, but I was able to hack my way through it one day to turn off TPMS in my wife's 2008 Explorer.

just did this with FORSCAN, and the toggle switch OBD reader for the Wife's 2009 Escape. Was lucky it had a plain english TPMS enable/disable option.

just did this with FORSCAN, and the toggle switch OBD reader for the Wife's 2009 Escape. Was lucky it had a plain english TPMS enable/disable option.
Sweet. I wish they all were like that.

Back