ExplorerDMB

Moderator/Technician
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Mechanicsville, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Acura TL
Ok, I just got my lift in today and it's a Trailmaster 4" lift for a 98+ Ranger/Explorer. Now...it even says from Trailmaster that it'll fit the Explorer. But why would I have to buy new Leaf-Springs for the back even though they supply an add-a-leaf? Someone please help me out. My Explorer is a 2000 XLT 4wd. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i think you can do a soa and then install the add a leaf. the ranger is areadly soa so that is probrally why

The only reason you wouldn't be able to install the aal is if you had a mono leaf rear suspension.

Good luck
CP :D

Can we see pics please:) Also if you dont mind me asking, how much did you pay for it, where did you get it, and how much does it cost to install? Thanks

Hey Guys! I got the kit from a shop in TN for about $1200. I have the Ranger (Part# FB120) and Explorer (Part# FB124) installatoin guides and I looked at the parts and everything is EXACTLY the same except the rear leaf springs and the Explorer kit comes with a rear lateral shock. Thankfully, the kit I got came with the shock, only it didn't come with the leafspring set (which I found at a 4x4 shop for a little under 200). I will install it probably later this summer when I have time, but me and a friend are doing mine - but if you got a shop to do it, I would expect to throw up about 750-900 bucks. Good thing my friend is one of the people that works at one of those shops. Thanks everyone for feedback. I understand now.

-Drew

Excellent.... make sure you stick around and post pics when you get it completed, I would love to see it on some 33's!!:D

Dont worry, they will be. Also on some Eagle Alloys (series 1179). Thanks everyone.

Originally posted by CodePoet
The only reason you wouldn't be able to install the aal is if you had a mono leaf rear suspension.

Good luck
CP :D

AAL is an ADD-A-LEAF. Just because you only have one doesn't mean you can't add another. :rolleyes:

Back